PDA

View Full Version : HLSM.com

Forrest
07-14-2000, 03:50 PM
I've used HLSM.com (http://www.hlsm.com) about four times now to purchase Mercrusier parts. They always seem to have a good price, free shipping with any order over $100, and they get the items out to you quickly . . . that is until my last order which contained both OMC parts as well as Mercruiser parts. That last order was placed on May 29, and I just now received it on July 10. About two weeks after I placed this order, I email HLSM.com and forwarded them a copy of my confirmation email that they sent me, asking what was the status of my order. They wrote back, stating that they did not have record of my order and for me to call them. Somehow they found my order and told me that one OMC part was on backorder and it would be there in a couple of days. They also told me that they would second day air ship my order to me at no extra charge when the OMC part arrived. That sounded good to me. Well, another week went by so I decided to call HLSM.com back. The person on the other end again stated that this OMC part had not yet arrived, but should be there in a couple of days and went on to say that they would get my order out to me then. OK, OK fine. I then ask if they could send me everything except for that one missing OMC part, and to just send me the backordered part later. They replied that would not be necessary since I should be receiving my entire order shortly. July rolls around and no parts! Again, I called HLSM.com on July 3, to see where my order was. The person on the other end of the phone was very nice and seemed genuinely concerned and told me he would check on it immediately. Later that day he did call me back to tell me the OMC part is in and my order would go out "overnight" to me on July 5. Well, the order did go out on July 5, but it went out UPS Ground. Wonderful . . . I got my parts July 10. Once I opened my order, and saw that the parts were correct, I notice the sticker that OMC puts on their parts with the suggested retail price, part number, location, etc. Hell, the suggested retail price was $12 less than what I paid for it at HLSM.com (paid $43, MSRP $31). I double checked the price at a local JohnRude dealer and $31 is correct. To add insult to injury the local dealer had five of these items in stock!

I don't know what your experience is with HLSM.com, but when purchasing OMC parts from them, my expericnce sucked.

I'll reluctantly try ordering Mercrusier parts from them again since I've never had a problem there (yet). OMC parts, I'll purchase them locally.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 07-14-2000).]

Murphy
07-15-2000, 11:18 AM
I've used HSLM several times. Their web site with the drawings has been real helpful. I did run into a problem on one order. A bag that was supposed to contain 2 water pump gaskets had been opened and contained only 1 gasket. Dang, I needed 2. Called them up and was informed they sold the gaskets individually! They actually opened the bag and took one out! Their parts ordering list showed "quantity 2". Kind of a strange deal I thought.

Murph