PDA

View Full Version : Barnegat Bay Poker run (I kicked butt)

Frank Civitano
07-13-2000, 05:58 AM
Last Saturday morning 2 waves of boats left the Captains in Forked River. 27 Inside for the bay run and 26 Outside Ocean run. I ran the Bay. 60 miles total. The morning was beutiful! 71 degrees no humidity,no wind,light chop 1-2ft. There were 4 guys gunning for my Supercharged Donzi. With there fingers pointing at me and that famous expression (Your Ass Is Mine) I knew this was going to be a fun day ! Out of the 27 boats there was a 38 Hustler 2000hp a Armanda 27 (Batboat) a 25 Outlaw 502 Supercharged, a 24 Superboat 500efi a 26 Spyder Supercharged 680hp a 27 Avanti 502 a 27 Progression with twin 300 outboards (Overpowered) a 30 Scarab twin 502s and a slew of 24 bajas and some older Scarabs
The Pace boat was the Hustler. When he dropped the flag I was in 9th place. With my feerless Co pilot(Melissa) The battle was on!
We dropped to 10th place (at 50mph) Then I dropped the Hammer. All you heard was the scream of my Procharger and the boat hammered to 75mph like a gun shot I passed the Baja like he was standing there. The Boat pics Helicopter was now over me, I had to trim for more! We launched over the Scarabs wave as we broke the 80mph area, This was Awesome ! When it was all over I was in 3rd place. That day my 22ZX became the most talked about little Donzi at the Waters Edge. (Made Me Proud)
1st place- 38 Hustler top speed 120mph.
2nd place- 27 Batboat top speed 93mph.
3rd place 22 Donzizx top speed 81mph
Next the Radar shoot out!

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
07-13-2000, 09:09 AM
Awesome Frank,
I love your stories, they keep me going!! That is the best feeling passing boats; then the great stories of that FLYING DONZI afterwards. I can see the grin on your face from here!!! I am so bummed I couldn't make the Poker Run. I'll be real P.O.'d if I'm not running by the Radar Shoot out. Keep up the good word DONZI... GEOO

Crazy Horse
07-13-2000, 09:14 AM
Frank, Nice going...sounds like a fun day...or should this read: soundZ like a fun dayZ?!
Best,
CraZy Horse

Forrest
07-13-2000, 09:18 AM
GO Frank, GO!!!!

Frank Civitano
07-13-2000, 06:38 PM
Thanks Guys. When I went to Offshore.com some guy John C something wrote about the Barnegat bay poker run and my boat. I cant wait to see Boat pix pictures.
Geo. Hope to see you at the Radar shoot out. George you are welcome down even if your boat is not ready. The party is Friday night The night before. You
can come down stay at our house and go down in my boat, I should have my new custom Bolster seats by then! (I hope)
As soon as I fix my computer Scanner I will send Scott pics of the Subercharged motor. If not I will mail them down there.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
07-14-2000, 05:17 AM
Frank, Thanks, sounds good. I can't believe all the great events I'm missing this year, normally my boat's in the water the end of March!!!! GEOO

RickSE
07-14-2000, 09:52 AM
BRING BACK THE BIG BLOCK 22ZX, PLEASE!!! I'm going to Donzi next week for the annual dealer show and am very interested in seeing if there is any new news on the Big Block 22ZX. Good job Frank, glad you showed those Scarab and Baja owners what kind of boat they should have bought.