PDA

View Full Version : New Photo in Registry

harbormaster
07-09-2000, 12:35 PM
Check out David Owsley's 1973 X18 from Pensacola Florida in the registry

Scot

GEOO
07-09-2000, 01:41 PM
David, I like the X-18 looks in great shape. I have a 1975 with right hand drive.
Did you replace the interior? Your X-18 has low back front seats and a wrap-around rear seat like a Classic 18? GEOO

DavidO
07-10-2000, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by GEOO:
David, I like the X-18 looks in great shape. I have a 1975 with right hand drive.
Did you replace the interior? Your X-18 has low back front seats and a wrap-around rear seat like a Classic 18? GEOO

The interior has been replaced and the boat refinished. the boat was damaged in hurricane Opal. Gene Schmidt can fill everyone in on the history of the boat better than I. He found the boat for me and knows much more about it.

Forrest
07-10-2000, 05:46 PM
Welcome David . . . will you and your new X-18 be going to the Second Annual Donzi Get Together at Lakepoint Resort and State Park in Eufaula, AL, over the Labor Day weekend?

Congrats on the new purchase and hope to see you there!

Also, GEOO your new engine ought to be ready and debugged by Labor Day. Why don't you hitch up The Words Fastest 18 Donzi to that new truck of yours and bring it on down? Emmo and everyone else would love to see it run - and if we are lucky, maybe even get a ride!

We're going to get GeneD and Tina there . . . I can just feel it - it's going to happen! Come on Gene, get that ol' truck running! We can caravan to the lake from my house in Tallahassee.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 07-10-2000).]

GEOO
07-11-2000, 05:35 AM
Forrest, It's the worlds Slowest built engine!!! Thanks for the invite. I'll work on it. How long of a trip from NYC. GEOO

DavidO
07-11-2000, 08:24 AM
Yep I am planning on being there with two other boats from Pensacola. Chi Chi and a friend of Gene and I who has not yet registered his boat. A red and white 18' 2+3 I think.

Jamesbon
07-11-2000, 03:12 PM
GEOO,
I think we're running neck & neck for the "world's slowest built engine..." Oh the pain.....and agony

All,
How many hours would it take for a "speeder" like me to get from St. Pete, FL to "Lakepoint Resort and State Park in Eufaula, AL?"

Varyak
07-11-2000, 06:38 PM
Figure 4.5 hours

Forrest
07-12-2000, 10:30 AM
Only if you can average 90 MPH all the way there. I'm in Tallahassee which is 250 miles from Tampa/St. Pete. Four and a half hours will only get you to my house and maybe a little further. . . and that's all Interstate too. It's still another three hours through Georgia back roads from my house to Eufaula, Alabama. Georgia back roads are good and fast, but there are number of small towns that you have to go through.

GEOO, you can figure how far or how many hours it is to Atlanta for your house and the add about two and half or three hours to go from Atlanta to Eufaula, Alabama. For Atlanta to Columbus, Georgia, it's all Interstate.

I'll try to post directions and mileage from everywhere to Lakepoint Resort State Park in Eufaula, Alabama.

. . . did I spell Eufaula right, Emmo?

------------------
Forrest

Emmo
07-12-2000, 09:22 PM
Looks good to me, Forrest. GEOO, didn't I figure this from NYC for you? It seems like it was something like 12 hours at normal speed. Why don't you get a couple of the other guys to share the driving and gas?

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>