PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 16 in Sarasota race

gerry
07-03-2000, 08:20 AM
As I was taking Zero Cavity to the gulf to race with another 49 racing boats I saw a Donzi 16. I try to say hi several times but I did not get a hi back.

Stromer
07-03-2000, 09:33 AM
Are you sure it was a 16? What color was it and what location? I was out in the 18 2+3 near big pass.

I did not another donzi other than a Z25.

Stromer

Kent
07-03-2000, 04:40 PM
I believe that was me. Was the Donzi Blue and White? It was an 18. I heard you yelling and saw you waving but thought you were waving at the girls in the 38 Cigarette next to me. I am sure my boat looked pretty small in that "washing machine" going out the channel. If you watched me leave the channel, you got a good show because we launched off one of those swells at full throttle - I still have the grin from that.
I'll catch you at the nect race.

Kent

------------------
Kent Perroux
http://www.geocities.com/perrouxkm

Stromer
07-03-2000, 05:27 PM
Kent,
Were you the guy at the Ken Thompson ramp that I spoke to? I had the red/white 18 2+3 and told you about the web page.
We spent most of the day at big pass near the spectator boats to the north/west. We then anchored off the beach on the south side of Lido Key.
Nice X-18 Blue /white with original Volvo drive - was that you?

Stromer

Kent
07-03-2000, 06:45 PM
Stromer,
I put in at the ramp next to Gulfwind marine, got in just at the time the P, E, and F1 boats were going out the pass. Followed them out, nailed it and didn't slow down till I got halfway down the first stretch. Watched the first race there then cruised back to the north part of the course and watched the rest of the race there. Too bad we didn't see you; we were looking for other Donzi's to run with.

------------------
Kent Perroux
http://www.geocities.com/perrouxkm

gerry
07-03-2000, 09:17 PM
Kent:

I think it was you, the Donzi I saw was navy blue and either 16 or 18.Remember that you have a great boat so if someone wave, like I did, wave back.

Gerry Santiago
Zero Cavity Offshore Racing