PDA

View Full Version : Polishing my nuts !

Sam
03-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Winter has got to go, my wife caught me polishing my lug nuts today. Needless to say I was a bit embarrassed. Well, I feel better now that I have that off my chest.

Sam

Rootsy
03-24-2002, 08:42 PM
i feel for ya sam... i froze my nuts off while loosening a lot of bolts...

Sam
03-24-2002, 08:52 PM
James , what's up with your cam and head issue. Let me know if yo want the specs on the cam I used. It's no barn burner but that was idea, I hate when things break.

Sam

Rootsy
03-24-2002, 09:12 PM
I'm down to a short block in the bilge at the moment.. cylinder heads are in the pickup, gotta cut the seats and guides this week and the camshaft, springs, etc etc should be here by the weekend. I decided after a lot of reasearch to stick with the L98 iron heads that came on the motor... they are heavy (or i am just weak) and flow bout enough to tweak 350 hp out of the motor in stock form... only problem is that i have to do cylinder head work to accomadate the springs for the camshaft, i'll probably put some new valves in and do a good valve job on em too while i am at it... if i can remember how to turn my valve grinder on anyway... i'm going comp cams xtreme marine roller XM264HR, it is the smallest of their line... not too radical but a good power builder. Figured i'd port match the intake to the heads and MAYBE lower the plenum divider a tad in the intake although i probably don't need to... so i reckon i should look for a new prop... when do you plan on leaving for AOTH? where are you staying?

Sam
03-25-2002, 09:18 AM
I'm staying at JamesTown in one of the cabins with Bryan Tuvel and his bride. I plan on heading out Thursday morning about 6:00 or so and hooking up with the Ohio boys. Your motor sounds great, we should get together for some prop testing. I have a few you can try.

Sam