PDA

View Full Version : Hull Painted! Now onto deck...

Scott Pearson
06-30-2000, 03:07 PM
Just finished painting my 1968 18 hull and is it wild! Did the whole hull orange with a white water line stripe(stock) but... Over the orange I used a product we (PPG) make called Luminescence. Its crushed orange class. Then over the white I used our orange pearl. Talk about some flip-flopping going on! Then used our high solids urethane clear (4 Coats) and this thing looks 10 miles deep. Did it all in a heated down draft booth and baked it. NO DIRT!!!!

The deck will get the same treatment except all white with and orange stripe. along with all the luminescance and pearl.

I well let you know how it comes along and I hope to get some pictures scanned real soon.

(NJ) Scott

RickR,GroveCity
06-30-2000, 04:41 PM
Are you a VOL (Tennessee Volunteer) Fan?
Sounds like a VOL NAVY boat to me!

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Scott Pearson
06-30-2000, 07:56 PM
Hay now! Its more like a Cream Sickle!

(NJ) Scott

Tom on Lanier
07-01-2000, 07:01 AM
Scott, The process and the product sound radical. Do you make the Luminescence in other colors? Do try to post some photos.

------------------

GeneD
07-01-2000, 07:29 AM
Hmmm, PPG?
That's where I get my stuff from.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Scott Pearson
07-01-2000, 11:41 AM
Tom ,
We make Luminescence in white also. But if you put white or orange Luminescence over other base colors it will give you even more of a crazy effect. The pearls is another story,we have loads of colors. Purple, white , blue, blue green, copper, gold ...Etc, Etc. We also have a product called Flamboyance, Prizmatique and Harlequin. Its never ending what the paint companys have now.

(NJ) Scott

Tom on Lanier
07-04-2000, 12:32 PM
Thanks Scott -- I will pass this along to a friend (Joe P.) who is doing some work on his, red hulled, 22 Classic.

------------------
Tom on Lanier