PDA

View Full Version : Burning of the Socks

DonziDave
03-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Spring came this week and we held the yearly burning of the socks ritual. Won't wear any until winter comes around again. Took the boat off the lift this weekend and burned a lot of gas. Great weather - mid 70's - life is great!!
Hope everyone has a great boating season this year. Check your gear and be safe.
Dave

mattyboy
03-25-2002, 07:17 AM
Spring also came to NY this week, and we have a wood burning ritual that starts in the fall and goes thru out the winter and early spring, forecast today into tommorrow 2"-5" sleet frezzing rain,
so enjoy that weather, cause the ground hog was
right on the nose this year!

Matt

marcdups
03-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Hey Dave, where r u in lake Norman area, maybe one week end we could get together!!!

DonziDave
03-25-2002, 09:29 PM
Marcdups - Not Norman. I live on Lake Wylie which is on the South edge of Charlotte. Same Catawba River chain. Wylie was built in 1928 and then Norman in 1960. Send me a message when you might be down this way. Would be great to show you around the lake. Which lake do you run on?
Dave

Greg
03-26-2002, 08:50 AM
"The Burning of The Socks", I like it! Think I'll start doing that with my long-johns.

2biguns
03-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Dave has inspired me to insist upon a new local ritual: Burning of the Bras

Our rules will be that on the Saturday immediately following the first spring day where the temp creeps above 72 degrees, all participating boat mates will gather on the bank of "Poop Island" (long story involving a group of young boys discovering an unintended outhouse on this 1/4 acre island) for a ceremonial burning of a token brassier and their oath to wear no breast-constraining device until the 3rd SEC football weekend in the fall.

Rest assured fellow Donzi-ites that your's truly will faithfully memorialize this historic event with his trusty Sony digital camera :D