PDA

View Full Version : Donzi's in Orlando

BERTRAM BOY
06-28-2000, 03:43 PM
In the July issue of "Soundings, Trade Only" on page 27, There is a Picture of our very own Gene Drago and 007....at Universal Studios.
BERTRAM BOY

[This message has been edited by BERTRAM BOY (edited 06-28-2000).]

GeneD
06-29-2000, 08:05 AM
Soundings?
What is that? Where do you get it?
I'm freaking out here guys, I've got to find a copy!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

PaulO
06-29-2000, 08:25 AM
I've seen Soundings but, I don't know if it was "trade only". I will look this weekend.
PaulO

Jamesbon
06-29-2000, 08:39 AM
GeneD,
Try http://www.soundingsonline.com/ They may list their distributors. I believe it's one of those free nautical "newspapers." Boat US usually has'em. Congrats!!

Nathan

CDMA
06-29-2000, 04:06 PM
Gene

If you can not get a copy I will mail you one from up here.

Chris

CDMA
06-29-2000, 07:46 PM
Bertram boy,

I have been seeing this absolutely beautiful 20 foot bertram center console around where I boat. It is green with a white deck and has an outboard on a bracket. There is an aluminum t-top and the whole boat is flawlessly done. It really is nice and I am interested in what it is? Was it an inboard? I have been thinking of it as a replacement for my 19 whaler.

Chris

BERTRAM BOY
06-29-2000, 08:38 PM
Chris,
From what I have found , Bertram was famous for creating "semi-custom" boats. I have seen some 20 ft. center consoles, although not very many. However, I have never seen an outboard on a 20. If it's on a bracket, I would guess that It's not a factory bracket. Every 20 that I've ever seen has had an I/O setup. Sound like agreat boat. Can you say Mutiny ?
BERTRAM BOY

PaulO
06-30-2000, 08:13 AM
Good friend of mine just picked up a 28 Bertram at auction. Really great price. Needs new power. I hopefully will get to see it this weekend.
PaulO

seano
06-30-2000, 08:50 AM
Chris,

That 20 bertram is my friend Greg Tyrer's boat. I think it is a 1968 and it's called the Sportsman. They are quite rare--I don't want to quote numbers for fear of being wrong, but it is aroung 60 or so. He and his brother bought it about 6-7 years ago. I think it was blue and red at the time. They completely re-rigged the boat closing up the transom and adding the bracket. When they go the boat it had a BMW engine and drive...you should have seen that thing! The drive was th ebiggest monstrosity I had ever seen and was not a re-branded Mercruiser or Volvo either---BMW actually built it themselves! I haven't see one since!

Anyway, they had the boat Awlgripped and he takes great care of the boat---I remember we took it out in the sound fly-fishinf for Bonito---I got a 7-pounder and we finally got it on the boat it was bleeding pretty bad---you should have seen his face whe he saw the blood on his boat! I had to swab the decks pretty good after thst.

Anyway, to make the story even better, his brother Steve saw another 20 Sportman for sale on the internet in Texas---the guy sent him pictures and he bought the boat right there--never looked at, heard it run...nothing. It was recently repowerd with a v-6 Marine Power mated to an Alpha drive. It's blue and red and is real sweet too...Last night he was putting new stainless rubrail on and hopes to have it ready for the weekend.

We'll all be in the cove(North side of Robin's this Sunday). It's our annual 4th of July Boatapalooza...can't wait!

CDMA
06-30-2000, 09:32 AM
Any one know of any 20 Sportsmans for sale.

Chris

BERTRAM BOY
06-30-2000, 10:03 AM
Chris,
There is one on Boattraderonline.com Although he wants a lot for it.
BERTRAM BOY

Crazy Horse
06-30-2000, 10:17 AM
In the July issue of 'Robb Report' there is a photo from the Donzi get together in Florida.
Best,
Crazy Horse

Forrest
06-30-2000, 10:30 AM
Alright! Robb Report! We've made it big time!!!!

GeneD
07-19-2000, 09:43 AM
John,
I bought the Robb Report while I was in California and didn't see it.
Is there a west coast and east coast version, or are you pulling our legs?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

GeneD
07-21-2000, 12:22 AM
Oh my goodness, I feel horrible!
I am so sorry. I really don't know what to say.
Boating World huh?
No, I don't believe they were on my payoff list. I'll have to talk to my press secretary.
Gosh Scott, I really do feel terrible.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida