PDA

View Full Version : Ford Marine Fuel Pump tip

Craig
06-28-2000, 11:53 AM
Hey guys,
I posted some stuff a while back re: what fuel pump to get for my Ford 351. I ordered the Holley thats suppose to fit 289's 302's and 351's, but I was a little disappointed. Its a cool pump and I'm sure a good one, but the in/out ports, even if adjusted, didn't leave much room next to the oil filter on the stern side of the pump. Actually I got the smallest 90 degree fittings I could find and it still was way too close. Decided to go with a Carter. Ordered one from a marina in Orlando (actually Longwood,Fla.) called Chamberlain, Inc. (Phone: 800-262-2929 Ask for Jack). They sent the standard marine pump for a Pleasurecraft Marine application for a 351 Ford. Not installed yet, but I'm sure its going to be a better fit. This pump, for one thing, is more like the original (an old Carter). Fittings are at 5 o'clock and 6 o'clock (assuming the arm is at 12). Cost was approx. $81.00. Pump psi is 7 lbs.

Emmo
06-29-2000, 12:19 AM
It's good that you decided to go with a marine pump as the automobile pumps could cause some unexpected problems in a marine environment.

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

Craig
06-29-2000, 11:12 AM
Yes,
Fire, explosions and stuff like that are neat in James Bond movies, but not something you should try at home!
Seriously, after all the earlier feedback, I never took the boat out once until I got it switched.
A wise man once said "there's nothing worse than blowing yourself up!!!"