PDA

View Full Version : Finally a good plug for 22 SE

Sagbay32
03-21-2002, 07:38 PM
Boating World april 2002 pg.55

Finally a positive review of the new 22 classic Special Edition!

They end the paragraph with.... "How do you make a classic even better? Just ask Donzi".

roadtrip se
03-22-2002, 10:59 AM
That's great news!

Now if Donzi would just get realistic on the pricing, a few of us on this board would buy one,
enjoy the heck out of the boat, take it to events like the AOTH2 and tell everyone here how great it is, and Powerboat and the rest could write that the boat is useful only as a planter on the front lawn, and none of us would care!!!!

Instead, last time I checked, they had built two, yes two, SE boats. I beleive that I have got the best dang pricing in the country and it's still too high. I even got together with another board member here and tried to work a two boat deal at the Miami show and no dice. Two boats built and sold since July, 2001, almost a year. Anyone who knows me, knows I just stepped up to a 2001 Classic 502 boat and can spend the cash. They want too much money for the boat and I ain't spending it to be buried later when and if I try to resell it.

Man that felt good! Please don't flame me here as I speak only the truth....

500HP-less in Fort Worth,

Todd

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-22-2002, 11:55 AM
I have heard Donzi has sold up to hull #5 of the 38ZR, compared to 2 SE's that are out there.
Almost $70K can buy allot of nice boats, that are a little more versatile.

I predict the price will fall on them in the future like anything else.
Bryan

RickSE
03-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Todd,
Did you talk to my dad again? He mentioned something last weekend about talking to someone again about a 22SE.

I really don't think the price is all that bad, especially when you compare it to the pricing of a well equiped 22 Classic. You get so much more boat with the 22SE. Plus there's really nothing to add-on to the boat accept maybe a stereo and dual batteries.

Shanghied Again
03-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Hull number 4 and 5 is ours and I can't wait to drive them babies! especilly number 5. number 6 drives with Big Power! eek!

Shanghied Again
03-22-2002, 05:13 PM
Also remember the boat is not the problem, A 454 is only 8,000 compared to the over priced 500 EFI at 32,000 thats were the problem is. And that is on any boat that is equiped with the 500EFI

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-22-2002, 07:27 PM
I can't comment specifically since I am not a classic guy but I can comment and ask a question. I will say most big names will upgrade from a 496HO to an HP500 for around 12K, are there hidden cost etc?
I was surprised to learn the 22SE were vacuum bagged hulls.

If they don't sell more than two I may never get to see one in person.

Is hull #1 or #2 coming to KY? I would like to check it out. If I recall the #2 boat went to a Lake George guy (maybe I will see it while up there in July!) and who has hull #1? Ted?
Someone educate me.

LASTLY, a stereo is an ADD ON for 70K?

FRANK, you still splashing this weekend?
Bryan

Shanghied Again
03-22-2002, 09:34 PM
Bryan, Heck no its to cold. I put a 150 watt light bulb in my engine compartment to keep the engine warm. I am taking the boat down to Cape Island for a few tests Tomorow and then I will be set to leave on Friday. The test will be in Sarasota.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-22-2002, 10:14 PM
FRANK, I sure hope it was a good light bulb!
No time to burn out!
Us VA boys are to be low 20's, so you northern boys will definately have a hard freeze...
I put the heater back in today.
She cranks the meter but oh well....
I look forward to your 1st impression of the 26 vice the ol 22, PLUS the preformance data on the NEW tow vehicle you have yet to show us!
We wait! :rolleyes:
Bryan

oldLenny
03-22-2002, 10:15 PM
I thought Ted M. bought the "stripped out hull" from back East (to me) that was on auction at Coopers in April of 2001? (there was a link)

www.cooperss.com/NewFiles/20901.htm (http://www.cooperss.com/NewFiles/20901.htm)

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001569[/URL]

It was missing most everything. Guages, but the harness was in place, leg gone, motor etc. Then he added everything that is good in life to it... :D

Mr DeNoorer has Hull #2, Hull #1 was the demo that Ted drove around as "Donzitester" and as well as the "REAL DONZI TESTER" for Donzi. I don't know where it ended up.

Ted M.(HP-500) has a 2000 22' Classic that defies logic 'cuz he built it.

Why do I know this stuff??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-22-2002, 10:18 PM
The 22 SE will never break any sales records at this pace. But, not my issue.
I would still like to see one from the factory.

Was there one at the Miami show?

Lenny, you know and remember because you have lost less brain cells compared to most over the years! Tell us more! wink
Bryan