PDA

View Full Version : Another Hot Boat "crap" Article

Scott Pearson
03-21-2002, 04:31 PM
Page 51 on the restoration of 3 boats. I may be out of line here but a little paint and some new interior does not count as a "resto". Give me a break....They should have checked with some of the guys on this board if they want to see a restoration. Why the hell would 2 1987 boats need to be restored????? Give me a Frig'n break!

I think that I'm going to write these smacked asses and fill them in on what a restoration is all about.

Now that I'm pissed......

(NJ)Scott

bverd
03-21-2002, 04:50 PM
I am buying that magazine with your comments to the editor. I will save it for those days I need to LMAO. I hope they print it. I will be eagerly awaiting. --Brad

marcdups
03-21-2002, 05:48 PM
Scott, send them pics and an article to follow on what a restoration is, you do have the show piece for it :D :D :D

David Ochs
03-21-2002, 09:24 PM
Scott, Right On! I've so often felt that way, even with a few on this sight. Always bit my tongue though. Thank you for speaking up.

RedDog
03-21-2002, 09:42 PM
Scott - been looking forward to meeting you AND seeing your UT Vol Orange treasure - but I'm afraid I can't live up to your standards on this - maybe I can get Rick R to make a house call for a good clean up before AOTH II - then I can moor next/near to you and avoid a red face?

Scott Pearson
03-22-2002, 06:10 AM
Guys,
I hope I didnt offend any of you and I dont want to piss anyone off. Reddog I hope you didnt take it the wrong way. Any whoooo...I'm not saying that there arnt some gorgous Donzi's out there.

Think about it. Restoring a 1987 boat is like saying that you need to restore a 1987 Corvette. In 15 years the thing is that beat up? Maybe your going to give it a paint job and have the seats recovered. To me a Restoration is a total Frame off strip every nut and bolt and replace with new. A Restoration sometimes takes years. Not months. Plus how many 1987 Donzi's have had the deck off, hull flipped, new stringers, transom, paint/gelcoat, wireing, etc...etc....etc....

If there is a 87 out there that was done like this I would like to know.

Sorry guys just venting....Give credit where credit is due. If the Hot Boat article showed all this then I would have loved to see the pictures and the hard work that went into it.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
03-22-2002, 07:33 AM
I agree with you Scott,
perhaps you should have them look at the 14 or the 18 or even Chris's 22, go get em!!!
btw why aren't you working on one of those projects? there's no time to be reading! :p wink :D spring is here! it's only in the 20's today so dress warm when you go outside! eek! or perhaps you need to pay a visit to the editor's attic eek! eek!

Matt

CDMA
03-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Ummmm yeah but my 22 is an 86.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Other then the deck off that is all new. Transom, stringers, every mechanical piece...does that count paint god????

How is she doing over there anyway? You going to give me my boat back soon... wink wink wink I gotta scrub that damn pink flamingo off....

Matt, Hysterical. Gotta make sure you don't piss off the paint god you'd be pulling piles out of your attic for years. :)

GEOO
03-22-2002, 08:35 AM
Chris, That's not a restoration is a new creation. On the dyno. Call me. GEOO

CDMA
03-22-2002, 08:56 AM
I can deal with a new creation. Call you this afternoon.

Chris

RedDog
03-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Hey Scott & others - I was just "funning" - sorry if it didn't come across tha way.

I really do want to see your boat after all I have heard about it!

Scott Pearson
03-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Matt,
I know...I have to start on that new project. Just have to finish up on some other loose ends.

Yes Chris your boat does count. Cathy asked me that this morning and I said yuper. Your an exception Chris and your boat was gutted...hummmm....Maybe not, you didnt remove the fuel tank....Kidding.

ohhhhh I forgot to tell you....your boat caught fire and a big tree fell on it....

(NJ)Scott

Scott Pearson
03-25-2002, 06:56 AM
Good point Scott, But do check out the HOT BOAT issue and let me know if those things are restorations or not.

(NJ)Scott