PDA

View Full Version : New Performance Boat Magazine

seano
06-23-2000, 10:07 AM
It seams that Peterson's, the same folks that bring us Hot Rod are coming out with a new magazine called Family and Performance Boating Magazine. Here is a quote

"There is a new performance boat magazine hitting the newsstand on August 29. The magazine is called "Family & Performance Boating". Don't worry "Family" does not mean small bowriders and deck boats. It refers to the fact that most performance boats built today are built to accomodate the family. Family & Performance Boating Magazine is being published by John Dianna. John is the former president of the Petersen Publishing Automotive Group. John was a pioneer of Hot Rod magazine and he is a genuine performance nut and a boating enthusiast. The magazine is going to have tons of aftermarket tech. It will also feature "owned" boats like the car magazines. Do you have a boat that is feature worthy- let me know, I will have it professionally photographed and featured in the magazine. This is a magazine for performance boaters.
We want to cover your boats and your events. Look for it at the end of August, we know you will like the fresh perspective."

Warren can be reached at wkosikov@aol.com

Now...I can finally let my subscription to Jetskis/Deckboat...ooops, did I say that...I meant Powerboat Magazine lapse.

seano
06-23-2000, 11:02 AM
Correction...this magazine is NOT published by Petersen Publishing. John Dianna has started his own publishing company called Buckaroo Communications. John WAS the president of Petersen Publishing before leaving to start his own company.

Forrest
06-23-2000, 02:43 PM
The "family" part of the title must imply that there are no hot babes in t-backs and spike heals leaning over the boats like you see in Hot Boat mag. You know, if it has really good performance boating content, I might just read it anyway!!!

------------------
Forrest

gerry
06-23-2000, 06:17 PM
Seano:

Can you get me the phone # of the publisher.

G. Santiago

seano
06-26-2000, 08:19 AM
Warren is the guy I talked to and I believe he is the Editor, or is taking on and editorial type of role. I believe he will also be involved in many Marketing aspects as well. He can be reached at 818-597-0381.

gerry
06-26-2000, 06:18 PM
Seano:

thank you very much for the info.

G. Santiago