PDA

View Full Version : In Market

Jim Powell
06-21-2000, 11:01 AM
Hi,

Just came across this site a few days ago while I was out looking for information on purchasing a used Donzi Classic 22. Over the years I have had a few opportunities to consider this purchase and I have come very close - I am finaly in a positon to move forward.

I'm looking for some friendly advice regarding my search - any thoughs or insights would be appreciated.

One of the first boats I came across is a 1994 Classic 22 with a 454 Merc with (100) "reported" hours for $24,900 (including trailer) at a local marina. Looking for the following advice:

- Is this a fair price for this package?

- Anything I should know about the 1994 model year including concerns with the construction, 454 or outdrive package?

- In general, anything I should look closely at when purchasing a used Classic of this vintage? (ie fit, finish, common problems, repairs, etc...)

RickR,GroveCity
06-21-2000, 07:41 PM
Jim
I just bought a 95 22Classic. There is a defect in the hull which needs to be repaired, the deck was not screwed on straight, there is some print through, the deck hardware was not bedded in caulk and the deck holes were not epoxied.
The rigging could have been ALOT better (some people claim I am picky).

Do not buy a 22 with the base 454 (310HP) if you plan on any performance upgrades.

A 454 or 502 Magnum/Bravo are a little boring but bullet proof if not abused.

Forget about the hours, everyone unplugs the hour meter, ask for service records. Bring a GPS to the test drive so you can get a real speed #(speedo's are very optimistic)
Good Luck
PS Scroll through past posts for more info and a few lies http://206.150.187.82/ubb/eek.gif

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR,GroveCity (edited 06-21-2000).]