PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Dust-Off

PaulO
06-06-2002, 09:53 AM
With this excellent get-together so close, I am surprised that there is no talk. I am vacationing for a week on the lake coinciding with the dust-off. Since I am not presently a Donzi owner, I have less status and rights regarding my attendance. Was hoping someone who is attending would like to take me as their "date" and maybe let me take the ride that Fast Eddie hosts as a passenger. Any spots available?
PaulO

mattyboy
06-06-2002, 06:09 PM
Paul,
I'll be there, there should be room on some one's boat I've offered room on my 16,not sure if it will be taken, any way get there and then we'll work it all out, there is alo a thread in the events section check it out to see who's going

Matt

FrequentFlyer
06-06-2002, 06:38 PM
Paul -

I'll be there. Bringing the wife and kids too. Dave will be hitching a ride with me since his 2+3 is still in work. If it's OK with Eddie it's ok with me!

Alex

CDMA
06-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Paul,

Still a glimmer of hope for my boat... slight but possible...I just need to stop buying boats and breaking axles in the rain....

Scott Pearson
06-07-2002, 05:42 AM
Paul,
I'm sure you will be able to get a ride with someone. We will be up there this weekend and staying till Monday. Then heading back for the Dust Off on Friday. I plan on leaving my boat up in Lake George at a friends house for the 3 days. This way I dont have to trailer it twice.

I think Cliff (Bertrem Boy) is going alone this year, I'm sure you can tag along with him.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
06-07-2002, 08:30 AM
Paul ,
we'll find a ride for you

Hey Scott P.,
why you going up early? gonna take all the judges out for dinner? wink :D :p

Matt

PaulO
06-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys,
I should have known I would get such a great response from this group. I will be there and will be hanging around like a leach.
PaulO

Scott Pearson
06-07-2002, 10:43 AM
Matt,
Looks like I will be one of the Judges this year. So my boat will not be judged. Anywhoooo....who is taking me out to dinner?

Going up this weekend to look at a house and to meet up with some friends form Florida.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
06-07-2002, 11:06 AM
Dear Scott,pal o mine, :D

like my friend Rodney Dangerfield says

Here's 50$ now lets keep it fair, wink wink

the bar just got put up a notch!

but the bar is always open when my pal Scott is around :D

don't let the power get to ya!

anyone trying to silly string my pal Scott will have to get thru me first!
ps Scott the beer of the month should be getting to your house any day now.

seafood or steaks let me know Pal!!!

Matt :D :D

Matt
what good is power if you can't abuse it!

Scott Pearson
06-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Matt,
Icehouse will be the beer of choice. Or if you want 1st place in everything then you better take a ride to Canada and get some Molson Triple X....Its Great Beer!

Scott,
Just taking the boat up. It is the Amaracade this week but I would rather be in the boat then on my bike. To many non Bikers that just dont know how to ride for me to be anywhere near them. I will take my chances in the boat.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
06-07-2002, 12:02 PM
and they thought the french figure skating judging was fixed. eek! :D
this will now be reffered to as DonziGate!
I was trying to keep the van weight down by removing the rear seats, now need room for the payola!!!

but seriously you guys deserve it!
you both know your facts and have and eye for detail. congrats

Matt
man it really sounds like brownnosin here!!!

Looped
06-07-2002, 01:07 PM
Wow, even the Madpoddle will be heading up. Scott, you must have told Heidi about your new purchases for her :rolleyes: so now you must be on the run, ha?

Craig

Scott Pearson
06-07-2002, 01:42 PM
Craig,
You are going this year arn't you?

Matt,
Where do you thing Scott got the money for the new boat?

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
06-07-2002, 02:00 PM
Scott P,
shouldn't you be on the road by now?
have a safe trip.
remember when you pick out the house, my room should have a nice view and it's own bathroom :D wink eek!

So that is how Scott B supports his cigarette habit!

in God we trust all others pay cash

Matt

Looped
06-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Scott P,

I had all intensions of going but things have changed. My last day of work was last Friday so I’ve decided to take the rest of the month of June off and get things done around here at the house. Yesterday I brought my 2 ½ year old in for surgery to have her trigger finger thumb fixed, Tonight I’m leaving to the Cape for the APBA races (I was going to head down this morning to the pits but the weather did not cooperate) until Monday and then next Wednesday my wife will be having our second Daughter in the morning so I will not have any chance of heading up there.

If you head up to the Winni Poker Run I should be up there after the Winston Cup Race the weekend before.

Did anyone feel the earthquake that we had at 6:15am this morning? I thought my furnace was on the fritz but then I realize it was too warm for it to kick on...

Craig

BERTRAM BOY
06-07-2002, 04:50 PM
Okay, since I was a winner last year, I guess that means that I'm a judge this year (and in case you were wondering, yes, I can be bought off).
I'm not sure if I'm bringing my 2+3, or we might be bringin' the Criterion.
Just finished getting the engine and tranny in. All that's left is bolting the TRS back on and a "road test".
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Looped
06-07-2002, 05:20 PM
Scott,

“A cold few fat tires” what the *#@! does that mean (ice cold frosties)? Tomorrow & Sunday I will be on a few different boats right up at the limits to where we can be at to watch them so I will not be on land to buy any merchandise (unless I run into any boat selling characters but I will keep a lookout for anything good in that size anyway). My plan was to head down there today to check things out in the pits and buy a few things but I blow off that for today, at least Saturday should have decent weather and Sunday will be even warmer and have more rough waters.

Looks like they are having 2 races each day but I’m not sure which race has what class so I’ll be taking plenty of shots both days and using a Handycam. It'ss not a digital one so I may have to send the tapes off to someone that can convert them.

Sorry about the APBA talk on the Lake George posting PaulO!

Paying the old Cig off as a bizz expense :D

Craig

mattyboy
06-07-2002, 05:54 PM
to be serious for a moment , this was just funning with the Scott's and me, and don't want to shed even a shadow, on the wonderful event that Fasteddie has put together he does a wonderful job and this is an event not to miss. sometimes I forget that this is a public forum and some people might not understand my humor.( it happens quite often )

I'm looking forward to this great event, and great people.

Thanks Fasteddie

Matt

Scott Pearson
06-07-2002, 07:41 PM
Cliff,
Criterion?????? Have you been holding out???? What Gives!!!!????

(NJ)Scott