PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

Steven Cohn
06-05-2002, 03:30 PM
I know that anyhting worthwhile has a cost/price. Therefor, I've been think about those who attended the AOTH. I could see from the great photos that many brought a spouse/mate/or family along to do what we love. My question is: Who is committed to visit the in-laws or worse in exchange?

boldts
06-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Let me see if I understand what you are asking. Are you asking would I trade a day with my in-laws to enjoy a day on our Donzi with my family?

Answer, I will do anything my wife asks to enjoy the Donzi with her and Allison our 5 yr. old daughter for a day. If it means spending time with her parents, so be it. I love them because they are my wife's parents, but they really are not my favorite people in this world to spend time with. No interest in racing of any kind or in boats. How-ever, my father inlaw really enjoyed driving the Donzi last time we went camping with them and brought the boat with us.

Over the years I have done many things I didn't want to do just to have the opportunity to own my Donzi boat and that continues even now. Working 2 jobs as been a major factor in me owning a boat since the age of 24. Maybe not getting married until the age of 35 was another. If you truly love and enjoy boating, you won't let anything stop you from the opportunity to do it with family or friends that enjoy it also!

Formula Jr
06-05-2002, 08:43 PM
Me, visit your in-laws for the use of your boat at AOTH III? ....... huuummmmmm...... How long would I have to stay?

SURE! WHY NOT! :D :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-05-2002, 08:55 PM
I never go boating without my first mate of 17 years, she has the boat disease worse than any man!
In laws over = stay at home and chill, they will leave sooner or later... eek! eek! eek!
I then start the boat, and Nancy jumps in. :D
And by the way my inlaws rest in peace, so no longer applicable. My folks, same applies...

Odd question... If you need to suck up to attend AOTH III, start now! wink
Bryan

Brad Lyon
06-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Spending time with the in-laws to go to AOTH III is a cake walk. I had to put up with my wife for three months before we went to AOTH II. Knowing she was going to AOTH II, she made it a living hell for me. She did not want to go and she made me well aware of it!

However, once she got there she had a great time as best as she could. You must keep in mind the day we went to leave we got up at 4:00 AM and she woke up with a 101 temp. Before the first day was over she wanted to know if we could stay longer next year!

It comes down to this, what ever it takes to go to AOTH III it will be well worth it! You will meet some of the greatest people on this earth and that is a fact!

Brad

Gary S.
06-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Inlaws ???? thoses creatures left with her ( thank goodness) Now all I worry about is my first mate ( at 29 months old ) when he get's older ,,,,,,,wrecking his college fund. Kids first,,,, Donzi somewhere there after,,,,,inlaws,,,,who cares !!!!!!!!

Steven Cohn
06-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks for responding, guys. Just wonderin'. BTW-My question was just for the fun of asking AKA. joking (no judgements from me).

2biguns
06-06-2002, 02:16 PM
Amy and I have a different problem. She, like Bryan's wife, loves our boat as much as I. With the exception of an occasional run to the gas pump or a warm-up cruise around the slough, I never go out without her.

Our problem is that we keep the boat on a lift at my parents' home and the debate is always how long we can stay out on the lake before swinging back by the dock and visiting with Amy's in-laws. I have engaged in numerous acts of involuntary servitude for my mom in exchange for her blessing our extended cruises (cut trees, burned brush, installed flag pole, pressure washed dock, walked dog, .....).

roadtrip se
06-06-2002, 02:29 PM
A couple of years back, Jill's mom asked us:
"Why do you guys always have to go soooo fast,
wouldn't a nice slooow cruiser be better?"
We just responded with: "Try it and you will know."

Well mom shows up at Cumberland. We get the fifth degree about safety and everything else on the way out of Jamestown. I failed to mention anything about the 132 gallons of gas right underneath her. Get on plane and run her out all over that beautiful lake. Mom is all laughs and giggles. Now, she still tells the story of the go-fast boat ride...

Take the inlaws with you, they'll get it!

By the way, she hasn't asked to go again, not quite sure what that means.

Todd

Digger
06-06-2002, 02:37 PM
in-laws? what are those? :D

Steven Cohn
06-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Digger,
If you don't know - don't try to find out.
Steven