PDA

View Full Version : Colored hull sides

Magic Float
06-05-2002, 12:29 PM
Will be ordering some Classics at the dealer meeting. I personally like the extra cost full color hull sides but so many you see are white with accents. Opinions,please?

Digger
06-05-2002, 02:24 PM
opinions are like...oh wait a minute this is a family website. :)

I like plain topsides, one solid color or white.

roadtrip se
06-05-2002, 02:43 PM
I like the red sides on my 22.
I like the blue sides on Scott's 22
I like the yellow sides on Woodsy's 22
I like the white sides with a top red stripe on Ted's 22
I like the 16 and 18 with white sides, because the boats look sleeker in that size with less color.
I really like them all...

Todd

Big help wasn't I???????

Brad Lyon
06-05-2002, 03:37 PM
That cost extra? I like the yellow sides on my 18, looks like a small Woodsy's 22. Well, I liked the painted sides more until I scratched the starboard side last weekend! :mad:

Brad

boldts
06-05-2002, 08:09 PM
Just my .02 worth since I've owned both white side and now colored side Donzi Classics.

I like the white side with color accent (Blue) because like Brad Lyon said, if you happen to make a mistake, doesn't show quite so bad. White hull side is still white underneath.

Color side is new to me, but from the first time I saw it, I couldn't get over how it gives the boat a bigger, longer look in the water. Oh, that's right, the boat I'm looking at is bigger and longer than our 18 was. Only disadvantage about having a colored side is of course if you get up against something, it's still white underneath and really shows the mistake. First comment to Beth when we bought ours "Boy am I going to need the last 17 years experience when parking her at a dock!" Also went out and bought a couple bigger than needed for the boat size bumpers! :)

Scott

Scott Pearson
06-05-2002, 09:11 PM
My hull is all orange. Just a white boot stripe. I wouldnt have it anyother way....Looks great when the boat is stood up on end! Isnt that right Cliff?

My 14 will be the same way...You just dont see alot of Donzi's done that way.

(NJ)Scott

harbormaster
06-05-2002, 09:51 PM
I like the the painted sides if it does not add too much to the price of the boat.

ToonaFish
06-05-2002, 10:06 PM
The best thing about the OMC years was the completely solid colored sides.

I guess I'd need to know how much the colored sides cost to know if they were worth it! But personally, I prefer a solid colored side in a Classic.

Bunches,

Celene 'any Donzi is a good color'

CDMA
06-06-2002, 12:06 AM
Hey man what about colored sides and bottom no stipe......like mine :p :p :p :p :p :p

harbormaster
06-06-2002, 06:11 AM
Chris, 12:06am ? Stop staying up that late. You will never pass!

CDMA
06-06-2002, 06:34 AM
....more like up to 12:06 so I WILL pass...

Hate this place about now...

Woodsy
06-06-2002, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't have it any other way! The painted sides look awesome!! In my opinion, everyone else has white boats with pretty colored accents... I think the yellow sides of the boat makes it stand out from the crowd! Definitely painted hulls! Also, another benefit of the painted sides, it hides the discoloration/staining of the fiberglass that occurs from running in the lakes... it also helps prevent blistering, as its one more layer of protection from the water for the gel coat.

Woodsy :D :D

of course, when the time comes to repaint the sides, I probably will be begging Mr. don't piss me off or I'll put tuna in your attic Pearson to paint the boat...

Barry Phillips
06-06-2002, 12:44 PM
I have always been a sucker for 22s with blue hull sides, white deck and blue strip. I had to pull my deposite on just such a combination in March because of job insecurity, my 18 is black on white with with white hull sides, this was a custom order when I orderd the boat in 97, and it looks great. Only my opinion, but I like the 16 and 18s with white hull sides and the 22s with colored sides. Thier was an all white 22 at Lake George last fall, opinions where mixed, many people thought the lack of a deck stripe made it look like something was missing, this included my wife. I liked the boat. I think solid hullsided or solid
color 22s look sleeker.

Althought I tend not to care for limited edition Donzis, my favorate color of all time is the all red limited production boat that was sold in the 80's. I also like to see the tapered stripe use on the current SE boats offered on other 22s without the thick red border stripes.

And why I'm at it, I would like to see Donzi bring back some of the early colors like hunter green and bergundy.

SO-SLO

RH
06-06-2002, 01:18 PM
Colored hull sides all of the way! I just looked at a one owner 68' Classic 18 that a friend of mine has. All yellow with the black deck stripe. It is the color that a donzi 18 should be. I have always preferred the rich look of the hull sides being a solid color other than white.
my .02 worth

Bad-Tat
06-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Celene,
If you like the solid color, you need my 16'! All red down to the keel!!

mattyboy
06-06-2002, 06:04 PM
Ilike the color over white hull til I see one on my lake with all algae stains on it. then i realize all red white deck is the way to go!

Matt

Donzi Dreaming
06-06-2002, 07:43 PM
wbateman,

Do you have any pics of your 16? What are the specs on it? What are you asking for it?

John

ToonaFish
06-06-2002, 08:39 PM
John, please buy Bill's boat... I need new wallpaper on my laptop! Plus I'm tired of working three jobs and begging for dimes on streetcorners. It's a '90 model, 4.3, well cared for Sweet Sixteen. Our negotiations broke down when he would take my Home Depot, Sears, and Lowes credit cards, but wouldn't take my Neiman's and Saks. We were still discussing my Victoria's Secret account. Bet if you threw in a Texaco or Citgo you'd have a new boat.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/chowardbillboat.jpg

Bunches,

Celene 'the First Lady Of Donzi.net'

Bad-Tat
06-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Celene,
I think we need some more dicussion on the VS thing!!!

ToonaFish
06-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Talk about a motivated seller! But Bill, just because you have an account, they won't allow taking home the models on approval.

Bunches,

Celene 'still trying to figure out the big secret - it's just undies...'

Bad-Tat
06-07-2002, 05:26 PM
Celene,
But it's what those undies do to the foundation that makes them so special!!! No tryouts huh??