PDA

View Full Version : No New Donzi Home

RickR
11-22-2000, 08:58 AM
No luck finding a new winter home for the 22 but Grouper fishing was GREAT!

Best day commercial fishing the captain, mate and I caught 95 keepers, 600#s.

Recreational fishing with me as captain we limited every day but one, 85 keepers, appx 600#s.

For some reason I sure have alot of friends when I get back to Tennessee.

It was fun to get with Forrest and Edie, and down a few cold ones. Forrest and I bored Edie and my brother in law to death talking Donzis.
I'm sure all the natives were glad to see me head north so the wind will quit blowing and the temps will get back to normal.

Forrest
Got home last night (Tues). Yes it was cold in Panacea. On Monday we did not get offshore till 10AM, 38 degrees, 20 knot NE winds w/6' seas in the morning. What a ride, BRRRRRRRRR! But we had our limit at 1PM.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 11-22-2000).]

Forrest
11-22-2000, 12:02 PM
Now that's some di-hard fishing!!!

We had great time and RickR cooked really great Gulf seafood. Maybe next year Rick, the weather will be more conducive to a Donzi ride.

The X-18 and the 16 are both ready to run . . . now on to repowering the Magnum and finishing the Hornet II . . . oh yea, I almost forgot, did I tell you guys that last week I picked up a 22' Aquasport CC with a recently rebuilt 150 Johnson on a good trailer for practically nothing? It does need a floor job though. The plywood floor coring is totally rotted, but from what I can tell, the stringers look good. I think that I can cut it out from the top and save the floor skin to put back down over the new plywood. Once I do the floor job, I'm going to try catch some of those grouper myself!

Thanks again,

Forrest

Tom on Lanier
11-22-2000, 09:44 PM
Rick and Forrest - you guys are killing me here. Fabulous fishing! I've got to slip down there some day with my outboard skiff and get in on some of that action.
Forrest, say hello to Edie and have a relaxing Thanksgiving.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"