PDA

View Full Version : Mark Laszlo in Hospital

DONZI TOM
06-03-2002, 08:43 PM
A frequent visitor to the board and a good friend to many of us Mark Laszlo (Last Tango) had Quadrupal Bypass Surgery last week. I spoke with him last night and he is still in I.C.U. (no visitor or flowers) but seem to be recovering well. He cannot get to Donzi.net just yet but I think it would be nice to hear a good word from his friends on the board when he does.

Woodsy
06-03-2002, 09:08 PM
HEY TANGO!!

Get better!! Wishing you the best!!

Woodsy, Princess & the rest of the Bandits!!

Shanghied Again
06-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Tango, Wishing the best and a Fast Recovery!

Dr. Dan
06-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Holy S*#! :p , Mark this is no way to get attention! :rolleyes: I perscribe several visits to the Donzi Girls Site until you feel better and then once or twice a week as you see fit! wink Liz and I wish you all of the Best in Recovery, you'll be in our prayers!!! :cool: Doc

Tomahawk
06-03-2002, 09:22 PM
Take it easy Mark. Hope you're back in time for the slalom races at Lake Eufaula.
Tom & June

mattyboy
06-03-2002, 09:24 PM
best wishes and a speedy recovery

Matt

Bad-Tat
06-03-2002, 09:40 PM
Hey Mark!!
That hospital bed doesn't go fast enough so you've got to get out of there fast!!
All the best on a speedy recovery.

harbormaster
06-03-2002, 09:58 PM
Jeez Mark! I was doing some hard drinking with you at AOTH. The next morning we had egs sausage and pancakes. Should I take hint?

Seriously, get well soon buddy.

Looped
06-03-2002, 10:12 PM
My neighbor had this done a few years back and it’s all a matter of time before you feel better (the weather really has full control on how you feel each day with such a major surgery).

Take your time with the recovery, you can’t try and rush it and get stressed out!

Take it slow & steady,
Craig

RH
06-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery! Hope that you are up boating in no time!
RH

roadtrip se
06-03-2002, 10:48 PM
Do it right, but get well soon Mark.

Todd

EricG
06-04-2002, 12:06 AM
Get Well Soon!!

ToonaFish
06-04-2002, 12:39 AM
I know you guys are heartbroken that I don't have a Donzi yet, but really, Mark and Donnie, you are taking it too far! Eat your Wheaties and get well soon, I need to bum another ride!

Bunches,

Celene 'heart still racing from the Last time she and Mark Tangoed'

GEOO
06-04-2002, 06:10 AM
Hey that's one hell of a Tango. Hang in there, safe and speedy recovery. GEOO

MikeMiller
06-04-2002, 07:32 AM
Tango,

Speedy recovery to you! You are missed beyond words!

Digger
06-04-2002, 07:34 AM
hang in there! best of luck!

ClassicRazorback
06-04-2002, 08:16 AM
Mark
After talking to you about Mammouth Cave, we went also and had a great time. Thanks for the idea.

Get well soon !!!
You and I need to get down to a 42 in. chest size so we can go on that 6.5 hour cave tour next year.

It was very nice to meet you. See you next year if not sooner.

The Emersons
Katy, Sam, Kim & Chris

Mustang Susie
06-04-2002, 08:29 AM
Hey Mark...
Hope you're feeling better real soon. Stay away from the hot looking nurses... they'll slow down your recovery time eek! eek!
And I'm still expecting you at Winni this summer...so you better get some rest :D
Miss you.

Mustang Susie

Forrest
06-04-2002, 09:15 AM
Oh my! Now I see why he was not going to be available for a Suwanee event in June.

Glad to hear that you are doing well Mark, and hope that you will be back in Last Tango soon.

pmreed
06-04-2002, 10:49 AM
Mark, You'll be back behind the wheels...all of them...soon.

Phil

RickSE
06-04-2002, 10:53 AM
Good luck and a speedy recovery. Maybe you got some of our Gore-Tex graft or suture. wink

boldts
06-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Mark,

We couldn't believe this when we read it. Take it easy and get well soon! Both you and Donnie are in our prayers. Just goes to show, you never know what tomorrow may bring, so live every day to the fullest and when you see that friend, tell them how glad you are that you know them and have had the opportunity to spend some time with them.

Scott, Beth and Allison Boldt

RickR
06-04-2002, 05:38 PM
GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!

Bandit
06-04-2002, 05:53 PM
Mark,

They'll have you out of there and back on Last Tango before you know it.

I enjoyed talking with you Sat. evening on the dock at AOTH II and maybe Fredia will take your advise and keep the grill open a little longer for next yrs. burger cookout.

Wish you the best!!!

JimG205
06-04-2002, 06:30 PM
Mark, Best wishes for a speedy recovery.Jim

Ed Donnelly
06-04-2002, 06:46 PM
The brighter side of your surgery is you will feel 10 years younger in a couple of months.. Have a speedy recovery

BigGrizzly
06-05-2002, 12:40 AM
Mark next time we see each other we will compare scars. Best of luck we will see you soon. My valve was replaced October 4 1999.

Randy

Cuda
06-05-2002, 10:19 AM
My father had six bypass done a few years ago. He feels better now than he has for 20 years. My mom said it is the first time since they have been married that dad's feet didn't feel cold in bed. We just celebrated his 75th in April, and he is still going strong! I just wish he'd finnish rebuilding my jet skis so I can sell them.

Seriously, you will have much more energy than you have had for a long time. Good luck, and I still expect to see you on the Suwanee before the year is out.

Last Tango
06-08-2002, 10:04 PM
Friends!
Thank you for all your kind wishes. I had the quadruple bypass surgery on Friday, May 31st, and they sent me home on Tuesday, June the 4th. I have been enjoying the peace and comfort of my home and Nancy's cooking. Doctor says I can't drive cars for 6 weeks (airbag deployment risk, so I sit in the back and Nancy drives) and I can't race cars or go boating until after Labor Day weekend at the earliest (doesn't want me to jiggle anything loose). Amazingly, I have lots of volunteers offering to drive the Porsche 996 GT and keep the oil from picking up moisture and the tires from flatspotting in the driveway. And several of my boating friends have generously offered to keep the scum and baracles off bottom of the Z3250 Daytona by exercising the engines and drives. What great friends!
I have at least 3 to 6 weeks of "guilt-free" vacation from the office. Should be caught up on all my boat and car magazine reading by then.
Toona and Susie, don't you worry gals. I'll have the coolest scar to show off when we ride together again. Surgeon did a mighty fine job. He was not a hacker. I'll be better than ever and ready to ride again, soon.
To all, take ggod care of yourselves with regular checkups. Because of my very bad family history with heart disease I was seeing the cardiologist every 6 months in anticipation. Last stress test was November. No symptoms. We just caught it on this inspection (May 30th). 93% blockage - how did I ever do all those stairs back and forth from the boat to the lodge at AOTH? No heart attack or stroke. I never smoked. Not a drinker (quiet, Harbormaster!). Day before my Doctors appointement for the semi-annual, I dove on the bottom of the Z3250 for an hour to clean off the scum and barnacles by hand. No pain, no other symtoms. Next, day walking into his office from the parking lot I had a small chest pain so I mentioned it. We went to the hospital the next day.
I'll be right here, with all of you, for the summer. Then back in the saddle this fall! Have some great events, and post lots of pictures!
Mark :cool:

HP 600SC
06-09-2002, 07:49 AM
Mark, I am very glad to hear that your "tune up"
was a sucess! Kathy and I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep us posted on your recovery.
See you soon!
Ted M.

abelchinewalker
06-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Mark,

Glad to hear you are home and well. Take it easy for a while and see you at the next event.

Donnie

Crazy Horse
06-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Mark,
My Dad had the same surgery five years ago. After he mended he felt '15 years' younger then before the operation. So rest, rest, rest and then you'll be able to go fast, fast, fast.
Take care,
John & Trish