PDA

View Full Version : New Boating Videos

blackhawk
06-03-2002, 01:39 PM
I figured out how to keep some quality to my videos and keep the file size a little smaller. I've replaced a couple videos on my homepage:

http://home.talkcity.com/GenXAv/donziblackhawk/Boatvideos.html

Flyby #2 is a pretty sweet run at sunset at a local lake. It's about a minute long and 5 megs.

Cockpit run is a 3 minute video from a shoreline run on Torch Lake last year. It rained all morning but we decided to take our chances and drive up anyway. By the time we got there the sun started poking out and ended up being a beautiful day. We literally had the whole lake to ourselves for about a half hour! This one is about 11 meg so hopefully you don't have a dial up connection (like I do at home :mad: ) I hope you enjoy!

blackhawk
06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Did anyone check these out? I want to make sure they are working okay.

Rootsy
06-04-2002, 11:30 AM
if you convert it to a windows media player format you can keep the quality and make a minute video w/ audio at less than a meg...

blackhawk
06-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Jamie, I have tried. The problem is my camcorder is analog so it takes a lot of space to keep the quality. I borrowed my buddies digital camcorder and it took about 1/5 the space for the same quality. I will invest in a digital soon, but I want too many things for the boat right now!!! :)

blackhawk
06-04-2002, 11:47 AM
Jamie, unless you have a "convertion program" that I haven't tried. I am always open for suggestions. Thanks.

blackhawk
06-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Jamie, I just converted the cockpit run to a wmv format and it cut the file size in half! Quality seems to be the same. Thanks for the tip!