PDA

View Full Version : A sad, sad day

Bad Dog
11-18-2000, 07:45 PM
Had to finally put the boat up for winter today. Took out all my stuff, seats, battery, etc.

It kills me to see it and not be able to go out. You guys in Florida have it made.

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

boldts
11-18-2000, 09:49 PM
Brett,
I'm there with you. Ohio has been in the 30's all week. I sure would like to be in Florida right now especially with the Offshore Worlds going on this weekend. I've been to Key West for the Worlds, but that has been a few years ago. I got to meet MR. Fountain on that trip. Back in 89, I attended the last real Worlds in Atlantic City, NJ. This was the last year that Offshore racing was all under one banner. Met Don Johnson that trip. He was driving a Cat #50 with a red, white and blue paint scheme. Fabio Buzzi was there along with Al Copelin and a managery of cars. The Gentry Eagle boat that had just done a around the world record (I think, its been a long time ago)run was there. Those were the years!

Varyak
11-19-2000, 07:25 PM
Bad Dog,
Sorry you had to pack it in for the winter. I thought NC would be marginal for winter boating depending on the day. Appearantly not. I went out today in my 18 for some top speed fun. I know, I'm rubbing it in, but then summers here can be just as uncomfortable as winters there. Too much of a good thing...
Mark

Bad Dog
11-19-2000, 07:27 PM
Just a follow up. The day after I put it up (yesterday), it snows today, about three inches.

It has NEVER snowed before Thanksgiving in the non-NC mountains in my lifetime. Very pretty, but very strange.

My Donzi sits out there with its blue cover covered in snow.

Sad, sad, days.

Bret

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

Forrest
11-19-2000, 07:51 PM
Yea, we have it made. RickR is in town doing some serious gouper fishing and I would had really liked to have taken him for a Donzi ride today. The only trouble is that it's in the low 50's or less with rain here in the Florida panhandle . . . but at least Florida State beat Florida! Other than that, its been pretty quiet here in 'ol Tallahassee . . . NOT!!!

------------------
Forrest