PDA

View Full Version : Donzi/trailer dealers Near Michigan.

harbormaster
05-31-2002, 05:30 PM
Any Donzi Dealers/Trailer manufacturers in the States near Michigan? I called Performance boats, a Donzi Dealer in Michigan, and Rick there wanted to sell me a trailer for about 1200.00 dollars more than what I would pay in Texas or Florida. I appreciate him taking the time, but that was really high. I am looking for a tandem aluminum trailer with no brakes, spare tire/hub carrier and stainless steel nuts and bolts. This will be a salt water trailer. This will be for a 1995 18 classic.
Help! I really want to get this boat back to Texas

harbormaster
05-31-2002, 08:34 PM
Yeah Poodle. good point
OK guys the trailer is the holdup..

Sagbay32
05-31-2002, 08:58 PM
How about Zinner Marine www.zinnermarine.com (http://www.zinnermarine.com)

I have no info on them, but I know they are located close to me.

roadtrip se
06-01-2002, 12:03 AM
Okay Scott,

I'm checking in. Mom is in Lambertville, Michigan just north of Toledo. 19 hours from the house here in Fort Worth. Put your trailer deal together here in Texas, we hop in the X and pull it through to Mom's. Crash at Mom's, she cooks a killer breakfast, we pick your boat up, drive back through to Cinci or Cumberland; places to stay at both stops. Splash it on the Ohio or Cumberland, enjoy a great day, and then get up and haul it back to Texas. Deal done and we get an excellent adventure in the process.

Call me if you are game. We could make it work.

ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

harbormaster
06-01-2002, 12:10 AM
Todd...I am Speechless! What an offer. Are you serious? It would be one helluva of a roadtrip.
I can buy a McClain trailer here in Houston and then get it up there to Fort Worth. What kind of mileage does the Excursion get? I need to see what funds I would need. Its about a 2800 mile round trip.

roadtrip se
06-01-2002, 12:36 AM
Scott,

I am absolutely serious, but we got to do this together. Heck, I've got a laptop with a wireless card, so you could even post our progress as we go. Could spark a couple of Donzi get togethers along the way.

The X gets about 16.5 pulling the 22 at 70-75.
Should do better with your 18. Unloaded we get 18-20.

If we plan this where we land in Kentucky over a weekend, we could do the christening at Cumberland and have a place to pass out for free.

So let's go! Texas needs more Donzis!

Best way to reach me is 817.236.3238 forwards to my cell if I don't pick up.

Call me,

Todd

ToonaFish
06-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Talk about a guy who earns his monicker!

Do It Scot!

Summer's half gone in some hemisphere and boating time's awasting... besides, "Scot and Todd's Most Excellent Adventure" kinda has a ring to it.

Bunches,

Celene 'taking wagers on who flies out of the new 18 first and on which lake...'

Cuda
06-01-2002, 02:11 AM
You may want to consider having it shipped. I checked on shipping a 28 foot Scarab from Md to Fla, and the price was only $800. I doubt I could drive from here to there and back, counting fuel, rooms, and meals for that much. Plus not have the ulcer making trip too! Also, the loss of worktime figures in too.

harbormaster
06-01-2002, 07:25 AM
Cuda,
The best price i got for shipping it in its own trailer was 1390. not bad. The problem lies in the boat having no trailer. The cheapest quote to ship with no trailer was 2800.00

As for buying a trailer, All quotes i got for salt water rigged trailers in the Michigan area were about 1000 dollars more than I cold get it in the south.

Donzigo
06-01-2002, 07:35 AM
I like the SCOT AND TODD'S MOST EXCELLENT ADVENTURE idea. So cool. Another boat for the DONZI NAVY.

I agree with Toona, go for it, Scot.

Richard

CDMA
06-01-2002, 01:36 PM
MAJOR props to Roadtrip.

Looped
06-01-2002, 03:54 PM
Scot,
Have you looked into renting a trailer from a large rental company? I rented a trailer for $79 per day w/unlimited miles when I went down to Long Island, NY that was about a year old with brakes and it was a tandem. You might be able to find one up in the MI area that would have another store down by you to drop it off at?

Just another idea,
Craig

Tony
06-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Scott, did you call Integrity Trailers in Nunica, MI (616) 837-9758? Ask for Rod.

boldts
06-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Roadtrip & Scot,
If you guys decide to make the trip and stop in Cumberland, let me know, I'm there with ya. Let's call it AOTH II - Part 2! In fact, I'll meet ya in Cincinnati on your way to Cumberland! State Park always has room or if need be, I guess the back of the Tahoe would work. :D

Lookin for a reason to go back to KY!