PDA

View Full Version : Minx....another Northwesterner

EricG
05-31-2002, 10:29 AM
I saw my first Minx in person yesterday....WOW! eek!

I was driving through Kirkland and saw him Gassing Up, of course had to stop and check out the boat!! I've seen the pictures of Minx's, and to be honest, I wasn't wild about them....but I take it all back - it was really cool in person!! A lot bigger than I figured it would be...

Anyway, I told him about Donzi.net and the small but loyal group of us up here in the Forest...hopefully he'll join us.

Now, I wonder if a Minx would fit in my Garage? :rolleyes: I'd take one in a heartbeat... :)

EG

RH
05-31-2002, 11:02 AM
There's just something about the lines on a Donzi, whether it's a Minx, Classic etc. I seem to learn something more everyday from this great site. Thanks Harbormaster!

Dalelama
05-31-2002, 11:19 AM
I love my MINX, and don't EVER plan on sellin it!
I've owned a baby 16' w/ OB (Merc 175) and an '18 w/ Ford 289 Holman-Moody/Volvo package... and this is by far the best yet.

The non-classic hull design is similar to the 38' Cig... and it handles a sea quite well... and with 320hp, it can keep up with the exotic powered bigger boats... just ask anybody that was in Sarasota!

Looped
05-31-2002, 09:28 PM
Oh gezzz, Jimmy is still flying?? He wrecked his plane up here just off of Martha Vineyard (right near the APBA race coming up next weekend :D ) a few years back when he had a house on Martha's.

Dalelama
06-01-2002, 08:47 AM
SCREW-U Baxter!!!

I got 2 more weeks up here in the "Land o' Northern Agression", a visit to Lake George, then back to Miami......

As soon as you give me back my manifold, the Minx is back in the water... THEN we'll see...

Flat water.. you got me beat.

Jus' add a bit of swell to the mix, and it's the MINX!

Have you got yer Vizcaya 4th of July Party boat pass yet?

paul minx
06-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Dale,I will be very close (in front of you guys ) w 454 minx!

harbormaster
06-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Scott, Is that the rusty manifold you sent to me?

harbormaster
06-02-2002, 10:19 PM
Scott, Is that the rusty manifold you sent to me to practice my welding?