PDA

View Full Version : Ran my 24 Spitfire this weekend

halffast
06-15-2003, 11:38 PM
I am used to an STV tunnel ,but bought and brought this Donzi 24 back to life.It has a super ride and handles great.It has twinn small blocks and volvo drives.Holman Moody housings inside the transom,not sure about that?These drives have no trim rams ,can some be installed.They currently have chopper type three bladed props,bronze or nybrl.What would be a good suggestion on props for this boat?Will post more pics this week and gps numbers. thanks ,Chris

MR MAGOO
06-16-2003, 06:39 AM
Cool boat! A friend of mine has a 24 Spitfire that was set up the same. He pulled out everything and installed a set of 1987 320 EFI small blocks with Alpha SS drives and Land and Sea Stern Jacks. The boat runs incredibly well mid 70`s on GPS.and is very responsive to trim. It is an entirely different boat.

Good luck!

Rick
06-16-2003, 05:06 PM
What a great boat! Can't wait to see some pics! Rick

olredalert
06-16-2003, 05:56 PM
------Geez,for so long we go along on this board,and no one practicly even knows what a Spitfire looks like.Then out of nowhere one guys got one hes restored and another has a friend with one.Good going,guys!!!!!!Tell us more,and as Rick said lets get some pics up........Bill S