PDA

View Full Version : New Urban Carpet Assault Vehicle and Donzi Hauling Device!!

Dr. Dan
05-29-2002, 09:24 PM
O.K. So I am sold on the likes of Brad Verds' generosity and graciousness! :D For those of you who did not hear, Brad is the current hero in Liz an Mines' extended "Donzi Family"! When in route to our first AOTH experience, my Truck decided to stage it's own "Nascar Event" just out side of Ashland, Ky, and it roached a main tranny seal! Oh yea, we're having some fun now :rolleyes: As we headed down the highway, being followed by our other guardian angels "Bertram Boy and his lovely co-pilot Diana, they notified us on the 2-way that we looked like the Challenger Disaster and were we o.k.? :p I could not even see our boat behind us, tranny fluid was pumping onto my Bassani exhausts at an alarming rate eek! ... Long story short, Brad & Amy were 2 hours East of us coming out of D.C. and they offered to haul our boat the rest of the way there, while the Ford Dealer Fed Ex'd the parts and repaired it by Saturday for us to pick up Sunday on the return trip, and it worked!!!! How Cool is That! :cool: All of that being said, we take delivery of our new Donzi Tow Vehicle tomorrow p.m.! A new Suburban with the Z-71 package, in Jet Black!!! BTW, Brad drives a monster Suburban that towed our 22 like it wasn't even there! I was sold then! Thanks Brad, Amy, Cliff & Diana!!! You guys are the best, another steller example of the true character and genuine friendships this Registry has brought Liz and I and the peace of mind knowing that no matter where we go, someone is always looking out for us(except, Pearson who I know would have picked up Liz and the Boat and left my sorry A#* on the side of the road!) Thanks Again Everyone! We can't thank You All Enough! :D ...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-29-2002, 09:36 PM
Congrats Doctor Dan.....
I almost could not believe your luck when you shared the story to Nancy and I at lunch...
We are happy for you and Liz... HI LIZ! :)

Bryan

boldts
05-29-2002, 10:43 PM
Doc,
Congrats on your new Suburban. I couldn't believe it when you told me about your trip to KY. Beth and I tow our 22 with the Tahoe version and while not being quite as large and comfortable as the bigger Suburban, we also hardly notice the Donzi being behind us. Hope to get over your way or maybe up to the MI get together your going to this summer. Take care and say hello to Liz for Beth and I. Happy towing! :)

ToonaFish
05-29-2002, 11:37 PM
Whoo hooo! A new Bowtie wearing Donzite! You're simply gonna adore the Burban... wait til you play with that Tow Haul mode in traffic.

Funny, after all that concern about your old ride's suspension, if my faulty memory serves, opps, there went your tranny. Not Ford's greatest strength. But, if you'll listen to a former car chick, GM's soft spot would be brakes. Please follow your (pun intended) break in guidelines and baby those puppies for the first thousand miles. Baby needs new shoes will be sung a lot less often if you do!

Bunches,

Celene 'rotor-arian'

Formula Jr
05-30-2002, 12:12 AM
Oh that explains a lot Ms. Toona. Every freaken 10k. New brakes. Aside from total replace, is there a fix? Oh and if you still have any pull with GM, tell them the '96 model ABS was a disaster. They should have just recalled the whole shebang and set them all up for normal brakes on the correct. They are really bad to deal with.

Dr. Dan
05-30-2002, 05:33 AM
Hey Team, Thanks for the comments, I grew up outside(way outside of..)Detroit! My father was an Auto Industry Exec. and my experience now tells me that there are some mighty fine Trucks we are building compared to years past! All Brands have some strength or another! wink I expect great performance from this, just like my other Toys! I spend alot of time on the road, this Truck will have 95% Highway miles on it like all my Trucks and I am sure will do just fine. Actual Donzi Tow time will represent less than 5% of it's total road time! :D Guess I'll have to paint one of those flashy "Donzi Trailer Hitch Covers" to match, Hmmmmmmmm?...Doc

CDMA
05-30-2002, 07:20 AM
Dan,

Better post some pictures. I have some PPG black I could do the letters in... send it to me...

Chris

RickSE
05-30-2002, 11:05 AM
Congrats on the new truck, you'll love it. Which motor, 5.3, 6.0 or 8.1? I've had my wanna-be Surburban for a year now and love it. Tows like a dream and has all the room I need. The 4-wheel disc brakes are awesome and have not let me down yet.

2001 2500HD Crew Cab, 8.1L/6-speed

http://www.donzi.net/photos/rstrones35.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/rstrones36.jpg

Dr. Dan
05-30-2002, 02:42 PM
Chris, I might just take you up on it, it has some gold and silver pin stripes, pretty subtle actually! It's Blacked out Trim on the Grill and Rear Bumpers, plus the Fender Extensions.
Rick they still only offer the Z-71 in the 5.3(if they offered the Dura Max, I'd do it in a heartbeat), it's still rated for 7400lbs for towing, and a 13,000 GCWR. Which is plenty for the 4,000lbs Classic we tail behind us. 3.73 Rear, again I got this package for overall comfort and drivability with out the boat, and I've talked to several of our board members who love the smooth ride of the Burb, or Tahoe. Alot of which tow much more than we do with no problems! I'll let you know, going to pick it up now! Chow!! :D

Mustang Susie
05-30-2002, 05:18 PM
Well Doc...
In Pearson's defense, I would have picked up the boat and Liz and left your a#* behind as well. wink
Glad you're all set with the new tow vehicle, because you wouldn't want me to have to come over to Pa. and pick you two up for the Winni run. Although I do now have 2000 miles of tow time under my belt, I couldn't promise that you would have any lug nuts left on your trailer. :(

Mustang 'those jersey barriers are killer' Susie

Digger
05-30-2002, 05:57 PM
sounds like a sweet setup Dr Dan! congrats!

undertaker
05-30-2002, 07:26 PM
congrats dr. dan you will love the burban I have a 2002 tahoe very smooth ride almost like driving a car. Love the color black its my favorite color since I am a undertaker

ToonaFish
05-30-2002, 08:52 PM
All manufacturers have strengths and weaknesses - didn't mean to sound like I was bashing anyone! And all manufacturers produce vehicles that are the exception to the norm... heck, I had an Alfa Romeo that never had a sick day. Gotta be some kind of time continuum anomaly.

The new four wheel discs are a vast improvement over the old system... but GM vehicles still overall (hedge a bit more) tend to eat pads. As for a cure for Owen's trusty van? Dunno, I just sold 'em and ran with the money! (And if anyone complained, I'd look them in the eye and ask "did you observe your break-in period guidelines?") Seriously, I dealt with it over a period of time and never heard of a fix. Had one guy who put Mustang pads on his truck, if my faulty memory serves, and swore they worked. It's been a long time.

Bunches,

Celene 'the check engine light is supposed to be on, Sir'

Dated, but still cute...

Computers and GM

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:
"If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.
6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the road.
7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car fault" warning light.
8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
9. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.
10. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lift the door handle, turn the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.
11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the
Justice Department.
12. Every time GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
13. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

Dr. Dan
05-30-2002, 09:59 PM
WoW!!! :D We picked it up in Harrisburg, than hit a great Southern Italian Eatery to celebrate!!! I let the Boss drive it the 60 miles home, so she would inadvertently fall in love with it while I followed and played "Voyeur"!!! :p The Boss approves!!! I'll post pics soon. Susie, for some reason I don't believe you would have trouble picking up any"body" if you were inclined to do so! :rolleyes: Digger, nice new avitar, I like it! :cool: Ed, it definitely would work in your line of work, or for Cia or NSA, "National Donzi Agency", Hmmmmmmmmm? Pearson would love this Tow Toy, next to Orange and Pink Flamingos and Animal print fun fur, Black is his favorite color eek! ...Doc

green16
05-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Kathi and I got ourselves the GMC Yukon and love it. I've towed both the 36 Chris Craft and a 21 foot SeaRay, both without any problem. And yes gotta love that Tow/Haul button. Good luck with the Burban Dr. Dan.

farmer tx
05-30-2002, 10:25 PM
Owen,you might try ceramic pads instead of semi-metalic pads. They seem to last about twice as long.

Dr. Dan
05-31-2002, 05:35 AM
Poodle :D :p :D :p :D

Scott Pearson
05-31-2002, 05:57 AM
Dan,
Congrads...Now I dont have to leave your ass behind anytime soon. Susie...thanks for standing behind me on that one!

Cathy and I picked up a 2002 GMC Yukon last month for her. Its loaded to the hilt. She needed a new truck and the Blazer was on its way out. Cathy drives the thing everyday. I still havent towed with it yet. Maybe Lake George.

Guys...Screw with this Truck and you WILL have to deal with Cathy...and believe me...she can be a hell of alot worse then me (laughing).

(NJ)Scott