PDA

View Full Version : I BROKE IT!!! Guys help please!

G - FORCE 88
06-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Hey guys,

After a great weekend of boating I have done the stupidest thing I have ever done behind the wheels of my boat. There was full moon this weekend which meant really high and low tides which we all know. I went out for one last run after a nice weekend of boating, and was running 65 mph when I went straight in the lowest point in the whole area I was driving in. Absent minded I didnt even think of the low tide, I always go through there low or high tide but since the extreme tides i didnt even think about it, being ULTRA LOW! I damn near ripped of the drive, my brand new Bravo 1 prop is all scrathed and nicked on all 4 blades on the leading edges and to make matters worse I broke a good one inch piece right of the lower units skeg!!!!! Now what is done is done, What can I do or have done to repair the skeg, It will drive me crazy to leave it like that. I didnt even have a scratch on it and the drive was new with the motor in 97' and in one minute I screwed it up!! BIG TIME! Help me out here fellas, Im kicking my own ass for this one! The prop is going to the shop to get fixed but what can i do about the skeg.

Thanks
Jon

"wanted to go faster, but kinda got stuck" frown

Cuda
06-15-2003, 09:24 PM
About two weeks after buying my first boat, I backed out of my driveway without lifting the motor and broke the skeg off. Talk about bitter! I took it to a welding shop, they fixed it and you couldn't even tell.