PDA

View Full Version : A "NEW TRIP"...a journey...

oldLenny
06-14-2003, 11:39 PM
This is official, I am leaving in the 2nd week of April next year with the bench, and I will travel ANYWHERE to meet the people from here and run with them...ANYWHERE !!!...My plan is to end up (tho not on the map)at AOTHIV in the end of MAY...any thoughts anyone...I promise to behave... :D 210 hours is if I don't sleep or stop the vehicle...8990 miles is if I dont stray... :rolleyes: ...I would REALLY like a few hours at high speed in the Intra-coastal...maybe a Shuttle launch or Mars mission,etc...ANYTHING at Cape Canaveral...
The moons represent 1 minute of sleep after 23 hours and 59 minutes of driving... :rolleyes:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/newtrip.jpg

This is a once in a lifetime thing for me.

Greg K
06-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Lenny,
Mark Charlotte, NC as one of your stops before or after AOTH IV. Sounds like a great adventure, and about time!! wink

Ed Donnelly
06-15-2003, 11:17 AM
At least one Canadian stopover would seem to be in order. Some point between Toronto and Kingston. That way some of the cottage country boys and girls could join in...Ed

MOP
06-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Hey don't forget the Long Island Boys! Give us a day or two warning I post it on the board and try to gather the troops!

Tony
06-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Are you traveling solo or with a significant other? Are you retired, rich, or both?
Sounds like a great trip, I'm sure the Michigan/Lake St. Clair posse will welcome
you with open arms...filled with boat sodas!

Team Hula Girl
06-16-2003, 12:41 AM
Lenny, I think you need to change your route from your current map while you are in Florida. Instead of crossing I-4 and head to the east coast you should continue south on I-75 and see the Donzi owners in Tampa/St.Pete and the Donzi Factory in Sarasota. I can't imagine dragging a Donzi from BC all the way to Florida and not visiting the Factory. Hell, they might even throw you a party for that.

Sounds like a great trip, don't forget the travelers cheques!!!!!!! It sounds like you are going to need them.

John

Formula Jr
06-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Looks like quite the "walk about." Moderation just doesn't seem to be in your vocabulary! I would do this counter-clockwise. Head South first. April is still too early for the Northern Legg. You want destinations along the way?
You know, you could be the catalyst for an awful lot of Donzi Meets in 2004. wink

harbormaster
06-16-2003, 05:21 AM
Woohoo!!

I'll get your room ready!!

oldLenny
06-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Tony, not sure who will be coming with me yet. No, I am not rich, (poor is the word I use), not retired, I 42 and a workaholic....
Owen , I was heading south first, thus counterclockwise.
Harbourmaster, I'll bring you another Bubba when the time comes.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-16-2003, 02:54 PM
As you take I95 up the east coast the Ches Bay and HRPA is only 100 miles east on 58 out of Emporia Va, we would certainly house and feed you, and boat of course!
Our pleasure. Map to zip code 23323....

Bryan

Forrest
06-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Lenny, I see you when you pass through Tallahassee on I-10 about 100 miles before you take that right on I-75 south!