PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

GeneD
06-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Yes indeed, it's me, and I'm back.
Bought a computer, $50! An IBM.
Blew out my monitor, found one out by the dumpster!
Got an intro deal on internet, $1.95/month for 3 months, $5.95/month thereafter. Awesome!
So I'm back online, and I'll be here often now that I can access from home.
Hey, met a girl at the races.
Used to work at Donzi...she's a Donzi owner...
She keeps it on a lift on the canal...
It's a Hornet III. :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool:
So what is the deal with 007?
Okay, it's looking rough. But...I'm on the job and actively working on it. It's headed down to Sarasota/Bradenton to have some glass work done on the deck and the transom. And it needs to be touched up paint wise in the repair area.
Motor is new/rebuilt. The bad boy 406 still has clean oil in it, should have...it's only been run about 30 minutes in my driveway.
Engine compartment went through a major renovation this past winter. It's all white gel coat with red splatter. Looks killer.
I also installed some of that white fiberglass diamond plate? Scored some from Donzi.
Brand new trim pump, new PS unit, rebuilt gimbal assy with the worlds most expensive paint job.
Got my vents rechromed, and scored some original lift rings, got them polished and flash chromed.
New control cables, and steering cable.
So, things are moving, things are grooving, just takes a bit of time. I've been so busy with school lately, I haven't had time for anything but that. Hey, I got a pic of me in the O.R., I wonder if I can figure out how to get it on here.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/school_pics_6-10-03_003.jpg
So, uh, that's me on the left.

<small>[ June 13, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

Tony
06-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Drago.
Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Drago.

Moody Blu'
06-13-2003, 10:10 PM
sup gene!

EricG
06-14-2003, 12:43 AM
Welcome Back Gene...It's been too quiet around here lately.... :D

There goes the neighborhood... wink wink wink

-EG

Rootsy
06-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Welcome back Gene,

one thing ya left out... what's hanging off the back, out dere behind da 406 eh? :D

the SS is still in one piece, performs like a champ...

Christian
06-14-2003, 06:06 AM
Ya know i was begining to think i would have to deal with these ZX guys and other "newbies" all myself. Now i got the partner in crime. Hip Hip horay!
shoot me an e mail with ur mailing address, i got something for you!!

Hey big nasty, you still racing??
Genes a GYNO... you dog

the very best to all
Christian

riverrat
06-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Glad your back Gene! We miss your posts..But the Poodle picked up where you left off. I think he's up to about 10,000 now biggrin.

GeneD
06-17-2003, 05:28 AM
Well, I'm glad to be back.
Lot's of new members as I see, good for the sport.
Racing News:
Zero Cavity will be defending our National and World Championships starting in Ft. Lauderdale, and following up in Tampa and Key West. I'll try to get the team to show up in Sarasota for the Donzi Sponsored APBA race coming soon. This will all be tough for me seeing how I have to start clinicals in August, but hey, it's racing and I've GOT to be there.
James: Yeah, nothing behind 007 just yet, I'm negotiating a Bravo from my brother. Price is right, nothing. Just as soon get an SS if I can afford it. I sold the Corvette, so I have a little bit of money to spend. Just a little though. School is killing me, and my mother! She's been paying a lot of my bills and not really liking it.
Hey, I plan on going to this Sea Dogs thingy this upcoming weekend with my new GF. She's got a Hornet III, and we'll be taking that from Sarasota up to Donzigo's house. Should be fun weekend. I'll be needing a ride over to my apt though. Richard?
Hey, anyone want to help out doing some fiberglass work on the famous 007? It's in Sarasota right now, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Not to mention old. :rolleyes:

Donzigo
06-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Gene, we'll get you to your apt, no problem. Donzigo Jr. knows how to run a video camera. He'll be your camera man. :cool: :cool: :cool: ........................

Forrest
06-17-2003, 08:55 AM
GeneD, you're blowin' my mind! You standin' there in the scrubs lookin' like you are ready to do a heart transplant or something. eek! Way cool, dude! Moreover, what a great score! No, no, I'm not talking about the $50 PC and the monitor from the dumpster. I'm takin' about picking up a GF with a Hornet III!!! :cool: :cool: :D

Great to have you back! You are one of the true originals on the board and the first person to make over 1K post, but have a lot of work ahead of you the catch the Poodle. So stick around this time.

Now if we can only get you and your GF and the Hornet III out to Eufaula V over Labor Day weekend. Always a great time!

Steve Sinclair
06-17-2003, 01:34 PM
My daughter just graduated and we are looking for a good Nursing school, is that one in Florida?
Please give all the details,
Thank's
Steve

GeneD
06-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Steverino,
As far as I know, the nursing school has a waiting list of YEARS! This is what I was told by a person in my class that tried to enroll.
I am studying general surgery right now, I'll probably pick a specialty sometime in the future, but for now I have to diversify.
Nursing is the way to go for sure, good luck.
Donzigo, what is with the camera crack? Did you find out I sold my camera to make rent one month this year? eek!
Forrest...yeah buddy! High five!
Oh, and it was a low anterior sigmoid colon resection. You have to go into the anus to anastomos the sigmoid colon to the proximal transcending colon after excising the diseased (diverticulitis) descending colon. Using an end to end anastomosis stapling device of course. eek!

Hotboat
06-17-2003, 08:51 PM
When I got back on the board I was wondering "Where is GeneD?" Glad to see you back. It's been a long time since the first Donzi meet In Orlando. biggrin.

Stix Magill
06-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Gene D,

What is the deal?

In the operating room making the big bucks (or about to), scrimping on a $50 computer, and finding a girl with a Donzi.......

Talk about a man with a plan! :p

Some of you guys amaze me.....

Working my ass off to afford gas for the Minx and lumber for the dock, eek!
Stix Magill

GeneD
06-18-2003, 07:07 AM
Do not mistake my new chosen career as one that makes money immediately...
I'm in school, and I will be there for quite a while.
I have to serve an externship starting in August, and then in Nov-Dec I start a 3 year internship. Then! I go back to school for some period, I forgot how long, kinda blanked it out in my mind. Then, and only then, can I begin to make money. It will be a long hard road, but I'm excited about it.
My living expenses are about as tight as Forrest's garage. I can hardly do anything. The cool part is, that I've been on more dates since I started school than in years! And THEY pay!!!!!
It couldn't have worked out better.
Miss Hornet is a wonderful girl, and the amazing part is that she hasn't gotten tired of me yet! And 'yet' being the operative word! eek!
Hey, I was wondering...now that the Miller brothers have gone their own way, who's gonna run our Donzi Owner Get-togethers? I fear it's gone the way of the Do-Do.

Bandit
06-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Good to see you back Gene.

Thanks again for the info and contact on the '69 Pachanga. I haven't had time to do anything with it but I still got your buddies number and I call him when I'm ready to dive in.