PDA

View Full Version : Lifeline Jacket mass order?..I'm in Scot Van A.!!!

oldLenny
05-27-2002, 11:15 PM
Scot, I like your "mass ordering idea." I am IN!!! Do you want to start a poll on this and generate an order? Like you have nothing better to do than get involved in another "Poll". I can't spend $450 US on one but if they can get a bit more reasonable I am there.

Also, if you go ahead with this, stipulate that CANUCKS pay extra for shipping and customs if F.O.B US as this does cause some concerns. It is not a problem, with me at least. My apologies to Scot Boldts for my 2 shirt order that I think has caused some "grief". Scott,I will look after that!!!

Thanx again...Lenny

Still floating, fortunately for me,...not so sure for others....

harbormaster
05-28-2002, 03:45 AM
Lets get a consensus on what vest we will buy first. Get me a list of the different ones and I will do a survey.

BERTRAM BOY
05-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Yup,
I'm in......

Scott Pearson
05-29-2002, 06:12 AM
Better call Omar the Tent Maker for Cliff.....

(NJ)Scott

Last Tango
05-29-2002, 08:04 AM
Harbormaster,
LifeLine has an absolutely excellent catalog with all their products. Full color, glossy, stuff actually being worn so you can see what it looks like on a human...I suggest you call them, explain the interest in a group order, and get them to send you a catalog. I believe a group order can be very financially beneficial to those who order. I strongly suggest resisting the urge to make some sort of "club design" as this will severly impact the savings folks are looking for. They have a large inventory of their standard designs on hand.
Lifeline
1601 Kofa Ave
Parker, AZ 85344
(928) 669-9241 Fax (928) 669-8895
www.lifelinejackets.com (http://www.lifelinejackets.com)
Lifeline@rivcom.net
Denise Clay, Customer Service

Part Number 160 High Performance Jacket for non-racing use - List $275.00 sizes sm 30-36, med 36-42, large 42-48
Rainbow bands and rainbow jackets available on Standards $50.00 each extra
"USA" Style $50.00 each extra
They have a dozen or so manufacturer designs but none for Donzi. Maybe we can get Mike Miller to work with them and cover the design costs and creat a Donzi special jacket design.
Cliff, no problem... Part Number 810 is a 2 or 3 inch zipper panel for expansion $35.00 each

This company has EVERYTHING you would ever want in the way of safety equipment, driving suits, custom shirts of all styles, helmets, gloves, pants, custom design pattern shorts, storage bags (I bought one for my 2 Lifeline jackets and the SOS), goggles, Kill switch Lanyards (seems to me someone was looking for one of those in another thread here), restraint systems. It isw all beautiful and "cool." I envision Mustang Susie in an Orange LifeLine jacket, a backwards ballcap, and a little SPF 35...nothing else required.
Lots of color selections, too. But it all just costs money to move away from the Standard color (International Orange)

I'll be back on line in a couple days...
Mark :cool: (Supreme SEADOG)

Digger
05-29-2002, 08:18 AM
for those desiring something less obtrusive I suggest the Mustang type V. see it at www.landfallnavigation.com (http://www.landfallnavigation.com)

I have one, like it, recommend it.

Ranman
05-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Donzi Jenn and I would be interested in a set of Lifeline Poker Run vests like the Tuvell's.

BERTRAM BOY
05-29-2002, 04:37 PM
First,
Hey Pearson, !@#$%^&*(). You're not looking too thin there yourself.....

Actually, I tried on Mark's large. It seemed to be a little snug, so I'm sure that an XL would be just fine. They must run a little big. I'm sure that their policy of returning for different sizes is going to come in handy for a few of us.
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Forrest
05-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Man, you guys are brutal!!! eek!

I may want one as well, but I'm not sure about which one. Their web site ain't much help.

Scott Pearson
05-29-2002, 05:23 PM
I bet it was SNUG.....I'm sure that vest you tried on is shot now....

(NJ)Scott

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-29-2002, 05:55 PM
I will throw a couple of facts in here to help since we have them.
Don't go on published sizes, for instance, Nancy got a custom medium, mine even though I am taller etc was a medium cut 2 inches longer (42 chest, 6'5" 210lbs).
When ordering each jacket requires chest, man or woman, waist, height and weight.
The standard Donzi logo is $75 bucks.
Name on the front is $5.
Any deviations from the standard Donzi logo is about $125.
3 weeks from phone call to delivery.
They do take American Express, protect yourself and don't use Visa/Master Card.
Their pamplet has a color match spread of squares to hold to your boat for matching.

I hope this helps all.
Bryan

harbormaster
05-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Bryan, do you still have their pamplet that you could scan and post?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-30-2002, 05:28 AM
Scott, just looked, no I do not. After calling for one it came right away.
Bryan

harbormaster
05-30-2002, 01:06 PM
keeping this at the top.

Talked to the owner of lifeline. He said he would work with us but could not give any price breaks. I am not quite sure what that means. I know that lifeline is not the only vest in town. I am relatively sure we can find a good quality product manufacturer who will be more than happy to give a volume discount.

Ranman
05-30-2002, 01:20 PM
I have the Lifeline catalog at home. I'll try to scan and post tomorrow (the scanner is here at work).

harbormaster
05-30-2002, 01:37 PM
I just got off the line with Landfall Navigation who sell the Mustang type V. vest. See it at www.landfallnavigation.com. (http://www.landfallnavigation.com.)

He said he could give us a 15% discount which brings the price down to 84.96 minus shipping for the manual inflation model. It lists for 129.95 but sells on their site for 99.00. It comes in red and blue.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Try Ben at SRC racing vests, he did a group deal on two other sites.
I will find the link tonight.
Bryan

Digger
05-30-2002, 05:42 PM
Scot, if we go with the Mustang I'm in, need another one.

As an afterthought, I would offer a comment, or piece of philosophy, or flapping of the gums .... There are those who put on a PFD every time they go out as a matter of course, to them I say good on ya. Then there is the vast majority of those (including me) who do not put it on every time. For me it depends on the conditions. If the swells are up offshore, or if the lake is real choppy, (like in the broads at Winni on a windy day wink )and I plan to push the boat hard, I put on the Mustang. I like it because it will provide all the bouyancy I need, will auto activate in the water if I'm unconscious, and has a d-ring on the harness that would aid rescue if necessary. It is also USCG approved so the fish cops are satisfied. And its easy, i.e. not cumbersome, to wear.

For some, it is not just a question of safety, but it's also a question of what they are willing to wear. If a low profile vest like the Mustang would be more acceptable for a person to wear, for reasons of appearance, rather than a more bulky one, then they should go with it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it would not make much sense to buy a PFD you are not perfectly willing to wear.

Mustang Susie
05-30-2002, 05:58 PM
I just like the name 'Mustang type v vest' wink

And Digger... if you need another Mustang, I'll let you know when I dump Ponyboy. :p :p

Not to change the subject, But Digger, I'm glad you're doing well. :D
Can't wait to see you this summer!

Mustang 'not really a type v' Susie

harbormaster
05-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Hows the one handed typing Digger?
I made you a "get well" avatar. I hope you like it.

Mustang Susie
05-30-2002, 06:48 PM
Hey Digger...
Who takes care of us? :cool:

Mustang

oldLenny
05-31-2002, 01:14 AM
I like the idea of the Mustangs as well. Definately the auto-inflate and some spare cans. These, I could buy a few of, AND be comfortable.

but...what happens if I have a sloppy "sip" or have some heavy dumps into following seas?
:confused:

I think that if it went off during this I would have a heart-attack.

Digger
05-31-2002, 07:03 AM
WOW!! cool avatar Scot, thanks! oops holy timeline batman I'm late for a meeting, be right back...

so anyway, I'm diggin the avatar, very cool. Scot is the man! :D Mustang, I'm not sure what "type" you are, in fact I don't think any of them fit...you're in a premier class of your own, God love ya! :D

JimG205
06-01-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm in for the Mustang vest- checked them out at the N.Y. Boat show.Lightweight,comfy,and they do the job.Jim :D

harbormaster
06-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Cool. Someone care to make a count? I will probably be in for 2

oldLenny
06-01-2002, 11:58 PM
I think I am in on the Mustangs. Auto inflate and 2 spare cans per item. I want two vests.

I'm 4' 2" and 365 LBS...

Scot, surely with "your" magic fingers and URL/HTML/ and everything else stuff you can make a spreadsheet that all can propogate (non-binding), break it into 3 categories, Lifeline, Mustang, and other, the Quantity and shipping address (general area) This would be a usefull tool to market when shopping abroad. You could paste it to a request for quotation to various areas.

I would do this for you but... :rolleyes: alas, I am definately TOO CHALLENGED at this kind of stuff. (Inept comes to mind)