PDA

View Full Version : First Real Weekend!

RH
05-27-2002, 10:42 PM
No kids this weekend, so after a morning graduation on Saturday, I took my wife and the new Hornet to Lake Okoboji in northern Iowa. Our favorite spot to hand and boat. Started off on the wrong foot, but got into some big water that the Hornet thrives on. WOW! My wife is finally figuring it all out. Launched the boat and had everyone on the docks comment on the Donzi and how cool it was. Blasted out on the lake for a few good runs and ran up to a bay and stopped to see a boat house with a 1968 Classic 18 in the boat house. Perfect condition, and the original owner's grandson. Grandpa bought the first Donzi in 1965, and then this in 1968. Yellow with the black interior, C18258 I believe is the Hull Number. He will be registering soon. We shared some great stories and enjoyed the classics. Then it was off to some libation stops for strength. We sure enjoyed the first real day of boat in the Hornet. My wife doesn't think that it is as practical as the Century Coronado that we had, but never the less she get's the picture when the water turns rough! Hope that all had a good weekend of great boating!
RH

oldLenny
05-27-2002, 11:51 PM
AWESOME!!! Glad all went well with the new boat. All the best and have a great summer...She's a pretty one...