PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Props Coming Thru!

roadtrip se
06-12-2003, 11:20 AM
I am limited to the amount of props I can try on the SE due to the XR hub on my IMCO shortie. We run hard and on top of the water, so I'll take the wide prop shaft for durability reasons.

At AOTH3, the Precision Propeller guys came to the lake with a rough prototype for me to try. This thing appeared to have been raw metal less than 24 hours earlier and was a little rough around the edges. Scott and Steve insisted that I put this thing on and run it all day Saturday, not just for a test run. After a little protest from me and thinly veiled threats from Scott and Steve, I put the thing on at the dock.

Some background, I run a labbed mirage for speed runs and a labbed Hydro Q4 for rough water. Jill calls the Hydro, "the wife pleaser", because it accelerates so well and makes the boat handle exponentially better than the mirage. Rootsy can serve as witness to mirage handling after an ugly landing at Cumberland.

Any way, the Turbo 3 blade prototype ran great.
A little slow getting up on plane, but tremendous midrange acceleration and a nice bite. Best part, the boat handled like it had the Hydro on it. We were a little short on top end, but only because we were short on pitch.

Steve at Turbo and I just visited. He is sending me two of these props in one inch pitch graduations to try in the next few weeks. I predict one mean, fast accelerating Turbo Propller on the back of the SE for 1000 Islands.

Thanks to Scott Boldt and the Honda gang for getting the great folks at Turbo to attend AOTH3.

Todd

"Anybody want a big Mirage?"

smoothie
06-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Let us know how they run,I have been kicking it around about buying a turbo vector,but from the sounds of it I should hold off for something better wink

goatee
06-12-2003, 10:04 PM
it was awsome dudz! corse i dont have much to compare it too. but it was still awsome!

boldts
06-13-2003, 12:17 AM
I have a nice 1.36:1 gear to swap ya for your 1.5:1 to solve that prop size problem :)

Glad Turbo is working out for you. Can't wait to hear the speed info with the right pitch.

Also want to add, all the thanks should go to Tom Riggle for getting Turbo to AOTH3. Tom made the suggestion and I thought it would be an excellent opportunity for everyone in attendance. Thanks Tomahawk!