PDA

View Full Version : OMC fuel pump / problem /question

need for speed
08-27-2003, 04:16 PM
My 1993 omc set up is still having a problem , tryed to start motor , and fuel filter is not filling -meaning the motor is not geting fuel ,, pump runs when you crank , but it does not run at all if you just turn the key to the on position. I belive it should run for about 4 or 5 sec if key is in the on position..? fuel is good in the tank and filter clean , also put new relay in fuel pump.. why is she not getting fuel?

Should the fuel pump on an 1993 run for a few secs with key in on position? If so where does it get that power from.. everything else works on the boat so it is not ignition.

Greg K
08-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Have you pulled the line from the carb and checked flow there? Could be something blocking or trash in the carb. Needle and seat or float stuck. Fuel pump may have gone bad and needs to be replaced.

marcdups
08-28-2003, 07:55 PM
when ignition is turned on fuel pump should run for 2 seconds to prime system, if pump is running for that amount of time then it could be your anti siphon valve stuck on the pick up not allowing fuel through

MOP
08-28-2003, 11:07 PM
Can you get your hands on an electric fuel pump? I keep one just for testing stuff like this, I hook it inline with a vacuum gauge onto the fuel line at the carb. Reading should be low 3 good, 5 fair, 7 or more check pickup and fuel line. Fuel line I have run into the inner layer of rubber getting loose and blocking flow.