PDA

View Full Version : Donzi FireFox

harbormaster
06-11-2003, 04:06 AM
Anyone know the difference between a Donzi Z-29 and a Donzi Fire Fox?

Bud Staples, you out there? What can you tell us?

Gary
06-11-2003, 07:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the Firefox is the Z-25

Dredgeking
06-11-2003, 07:48 AM
didn't cig make a 24' fire fox?

seano
06-11-2003, 08:11 AM
yup, Cigarette did build a 24 Firefox...not too many though. Steve Miklos from APBA raced one in Factory 1 a couple of years ago. From what I've heard the Cig was a bit slow compared to other factory boats and expensive. They are no longer offered.

btw, there was a blue on for sale in Sturgeon Bay, WI a while ago...I'm interested in finding out what ever happend to it...anyone know

as far as the donzi offering, i don't have anything useful to add...

DonziNUTS
06-11-2003, 08:46 AM
The Firefox you are talking about was up for sale back in Feb. I was looking into buying it but hte guy was not sure if he wanted to sell as-is or put a turbo-engine in it. But he had the interior redone...profess. detailed...repainted engine compartment...and new gauges. I think his price was mid 20's. I still have the e-mail address to be able to get a hold of this guy is anyone is interested?
Just reading over e-mail....only had a 330 in it and he mentioned it was a little slow!

harbormaster
06-11-2003, 08:49 AM
So a firefox was a 25 footer?

wytmike
06-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Harbormaster,

Look in the model list on this site. It has the names for the boats during the Genth era. The Firefox is the Z25 & Z29

Dredgeking
06-11-2003, 10:23 AM
i talked to steve about buying his boat a few years ago.

Budmann
06-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Right you are wytmike. Harbormaster, I left just before they (Genth) came out with that model. It was another bright :rolleyes: idea of Genth's to charge more money for the same boat. Only thing to remember is, around that time, chopper guns flooded the factory for the Rags (Regazza's). Didn't care for Genth's idea of flooding the market with Donzi's. Just so you know, I left just after the LTD's (black and white) were released.

Rodger
06-11-2003, 01:14 PM
That blue Cigarette Firefox is indeed for sale. The fellow selling it has actually recieved a down payment for it and is still waiting for the potential buyer to follow through. It still has the 330 in it, not the turbo engine that he intented to install.

TuxedoPk
06-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Budmann-Be careful not to put my foot in your mouth wink

Donzigo
06-11-2003, 05:33 PM
I had a Z-25 Firefox........1987 ...... no aware of any other boats named Firefox; but, Buddy is the last word.

Hey Tuxedo Pk, I'm guessing you're probably a good guy. As you can see, the Donzi family is pretty brutal, if you don't know your stuff. I've been guilty and have gotten the boot from time to time, myself. Keep posting man. It adds spice, and if you goof up, everybody gets a laugh. I think you took your medicine like a stand up guy. You're OK in my book........

BUIZILLA
06-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Budmann, I got a couple LTD questions....

we NEED to talk.

J