PDA

View Full Version : Prop question

jeddski
08-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Looking for everyone's expert advice.
I am trying to figure out what prop to put on a Z20 with a 350 MPI. Stock engine with thru hulls and possible K&N system.
I was thinking 4 blade SS labbed but size, pitch??

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-26-2003, 08:54 PM
If the jury recommends a 4 blade Merc B1 24:
I have a like new Bravo I 24P for sale, cheap, especially if you own a Donzi.
Not one nick, nice and smooth, it was our 23MP replacement then I bought a prop from Throttle up.
Email me if interested.
Bryan

boldts
08-26-2003, 09:46 PM
JedSki, I think we're going to need a little more info to help you out. If you can, give us the following information:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Current prop - diameter & pitch <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Engine RPMs at Wide Open Throttle <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Recommended max engine RPMs<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
If you decide on a 4 blade, you will probably have to buy a prop with 1 to 2 inches less pitch than what pitch 3 blade prop you could run.

Christian
08-27-2003, 09:33 AM
JEDDSKI!

Stick a # 6 drive on and a four blade cleaver, jam a procharger on that thing and come ocean racing with us!

anywho, e-mail me i think i may have a few spare 4 blades lying around the race shop you can borrow see what it'll do?

Pshhh Sailors, they wouldn't know pitch if it smakced them in the face

Best to All!!!

Christian Del Collo
RoseBudRacing - Aronow Offshore
Del Industries
WWW.RBRboats.com (http://WWW.RBRboats.com)
856-904-1961

jeddski
08-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Well as far as more engine info goes i am sorry to say i dont know yet. The current prop is a 3 blade but is attached to a 5.0L engine. Soon to be replaced by a 5.7 mpi. So i am trying to decide what prop to start with once the project is finished.

jeddski
08-29-2003, 01:55 PM
Chris, not sure the little bowrider would still float with a #6 drive and a bigger engine. So not sure if ocean racing would work, but maybe some extreme high speed ski competions are in order....??