PDA

View Full Version : Audible Alarm Mystery

DJ13
08-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Hello All,

I’m trying to find the answer to an audible alarm I’m getting on my 1999, Donzi 22ZX I just purchased. 454MPI bravo 1.

There is an alarm that starts going off at about 4,000 rpms. A black sticker on the dash says that an alarm will sound for one of three reasons:

Out-drive oil level too low.
Engine Temperature too hot.
Engine oil level too low.

The out-drive oil reservoir is above the full line, the engine temp stays right between 160 & 180 degrees, and the engine oil is above the fill line and very clean. Runs perfect and if you stay below 45mph, it’ll run all day without sounding the alarm. Punch it a little, coming out of the hole, get the rpms up and, “beeeep beeeep” which won’t stop until you turn the motor off.

One thing in the manual mentions that if the alarm is working correctly, it should do a test sound off with the key in the “on” position. It doesn’t do the test sound off until after you start the motor and return the key to the “on” position. Is this an indicator?

Just need some help.

Thanks!

Dave

MOP
08-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Can't answer your alarm ? but I would pull a little oil out of the engine, its not a good idea to be over full it can get whipped up by the crank causing it to foam and there goes the oil pressure. Seen a few nice motors ruined from that. Better on the line or a tad low than over filled!

DJ13
08-27-2003, 12:47 AM
Thanks M.O.P. I'll give anything a try at this point.

harbormaster
08-27-2003, 06:31 AM
Hey Bryant, You out there?
Care to add anything here?