PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Steam, question

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-09-2003, 07:51 AM
I noticed yesterday we are making quite of bit of exhaust steam, much more than normal. Drive cool to touch (shower).
Yesterday was mostly cloudy, few sprinkles, sea water temp 65, air temp 80?

She also did an initial burst of it at home during flushing, 15 minutes after departing the ramp.

All looks normal, oil fine, temp gauge was like always 170 to 175. I plan to 1st replace the impellor then see if it is still happening.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Bryan

PS, my boat still here, KY boat still there!

MOP
06-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Check risers for tightness, also pull spark plugs after letting it idle for a few minutes look for evidence of moisture. Also have seen marginal water supply do this with no sign of overheat. Hopefully its nothing just the cool water. You have had enough trouble this spring.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-09-2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks M.O.P. I will do all you mentioned tomorrow.
Water Counrty USA today!

Boat is running like a cats ass being chased by a big dog, the new prop and exhaust has really been good to us, so we are happy.
Thanks again
Bryan

BillR
06-09-2003, 03:14 PM
B,
It was cool, damp and humid yesterday. In those conditions, you will tend to notice about twice the amount of steam.

BTW: you looked good yesterday runin' in the slop.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks Bill, you looked good too, you definately have the 340 dialed in.
Hard to believe the bay was not under advisory!
We had a boat full and was having a blast! :)

Funny thing was when I spoke with Rick today he said Steam was the topic of the day yesterday and many spoke of it with their own boats, must have been all the temp elements combined.

GREAT run even though Rick gave us crap for not stopping in the cove..
oh well... eek!

I enjoyed it, tell Cindi we said hey and we'll see ya soon. Nancy is trying to give this Saturdays call away.
Thanks
Bryan

PS, HEY FORREST, you haven't been to the cove lately!

ToonaFish
06-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Forrest is an old married man now... cove visits are a thing of the past. :D

Shanghied Again
06-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Bryan, Going through the same thing water temp is normal even did a water pressure test, very good, The air is moist, the water is cold and there is no humidity. I ran the Poker run last weekend no problem. just a lot of steam..

Donzi22zx
06-09-2003, 10:12 PM
My boat always has steam comming from the exhaust, my temp is 175-185. I believe this is nomal for thru hull exhaust boats, in certian weather conditions

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-11-2003, 08:05 PM
As crazy as it sounds, had to be the weather.
Today, no issues, odd....
Bryan

Don't call a dealer in a week, and he calls you!

Shanghied Again
06-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Ok why the poker run high lighted on my post and it takes you to a stupid vegas thing? frown

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Frank, you lost me pal. Linked?
Jack & Coke tonight! :p
See ya in a few weeks... give the family my best.
Bryan