PDA

View Full Version : 2 launches, 2 tows

mphatc
06-08-2003, 08:42 PM
So since I bought my Corsican I've launched it twice, and twice I've been towed in . . :(

First because fuel filter filed up with DIRT and wouldn't pass any more fuel, today when the prop hub came apart!

I was leaving the Weirs Channel with mega thousand dollar Top Guns, one on each side of me, I figue I can atleast get the jump out of the water on them, :D worth atleast a laugh for 100 yards! I'm out first, and then a bang with a big overrev . . . . . I sink while they all look at me !

I was able to idle my way to a close friends dock, and then half way back to the ramp, 5+ miles away :confused: , all I'm thinking is why me, what did I do to deserve this . . . ? As I found out then I destroyed the hub in the prop and a bit more on the outdrive :( :(

So now that I'm two for two , who was it that's been towed 3 times . . . It will not happen to me . . I hope :rolleyes:

the brightside to all this, it's an excuse to shop for a new prop . .suggestions anyone ?

Mario L.

Ed Donnelly
06-09-2003, 01:34 AM
Look on the bright side. You are in a Donzi sitting back and relaxing while being towed. Some of us haven't got our Donzis to the point of even getting them to the water to break down...Ed

olredalert
06-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Mario,

-----Im sorry to hear this.I had such good luck with the tank cleaning that I may have assumed too much that the problem was completely over.I know its too late to be saying this but carry a fresh filter with you.In an emergency you might have made it in by taking the filter off and shaking it out!A small amount of pollution,I grant you,but usually no tow..........Bill S

James Adcock
06-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Hey Mario, Don't feel so bad. Just like Ed Donnelly said. Some of us don't even have them ready for the water yet. I myself have suffered some pee poor timing (and getting a crash course on boat mechanics). I live on the right coast also and it has rained the past three weekends with at least 20 days of rain in May! Expecting 20 more days of rain for June (Farmers Alamac). Crap!!! On top of the rain I am a newbee boat owner. I get to discover something else needing replacing between the rain storms BUT, I will get it there! Just like yourself.
Hang in there dude, Jamie
P.S.- I feel your pain( well almost)