PDA

View Full Version : Down Speedo Again........

hottub
08-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Looking for some advice as my speedo is down AGAIN due to debris or something continuing to clog the pickup which is in the outdrive. Outside of changing out to a GPS, any suggestions??

'03 Classic 22 496 HO B1X

Scubado
08-25-2003, 06:03 PM
I got a dental pick from my dentist buddy. It works great for picking the crud out of the pick up tube. I know that's not the solution you want but it works for me :) . How's your summer in Sacramento? I'll be there on business the first week of Sept.

MOP
08-25-2003, 07:55 PM
When I was a kid on the south shore of Long Island we had a lot of trouble with plugging the pickup. I got sick and tired of trying to fiddle with it in the water, so I put a tee in the tube on the end I put a fish tank air valve to be able to open and close the tee. I plugged a foot ball air pump in the tee to blow the crap out of the line worked like magic.

Dredgeking
08-25-2003, 08:48 PM
i just put a nordskog speedo in my sweet 16 this spring. i have had my pitot tube plug up also. screw the pitot tubes. they aren't accurate anyway. get a gps speedo and know how fast you are really going. they cost a few bucks, but you won't have to mess with it again.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-25-2003, 09:08 PM
As dumb as this will sound: :rolleyes:
Each time we go out, as soon as we go on plane for the first time and I notice GPS above 20 and no speedo, I lightly tap on the speedo face, and she works, maybe air, water drains off, slow or slightly stuck needle, who knows. This works 100% of the time for us. Our gaf gauge speedo is within 2 to 2.5 mph of what GPS reads, gauge is very accurate under 45 to 50mph.
my 2 cents.
Good luck.
Bryan

Pegasus
08-26-2003, 04:15 AM
My pickup either clogs up or flips up. Don't use it anyway. I use the GPS all the time.

hottub
08-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Scubado-

Summer has been great. 100+ this past weekend, mid 90's today and much the same for the rest odf the week. Great weather to be on the water. I'll be out of town most of the first week of September but keep me posted on the next visit as we can get out on the water.