PDA

View Full Version : wannabe Donzi owner needs a ride, please!!

rag top man
06-07-2003, 06:54 PM
I have wanted a Classic Donzi since, well forever! I'm down to the 18' or the 22' Classic. Just talking to the owners isn't helping me decide, heck, they're both awsome boats, but I must decide which boat fits me best. Problem is, not too many of either on the west coast.
No other way to say it, so here it is: is there anyone on the west coast that would honor me with a ride in their 18'Classic, and wouldn't mind me buying gas for the boat? I can't imagine expecting to get a favorable response from most groups, but the Donzi Family sure seems different, maybe...?
Stan in So Cal has been nice enough to offer me a ride in his 22', which I plan to take him up on soon! Thanks Stan!
Other than an actual ride, I know there are lots of young and old "salts" around that have been on both, any of you want to share your thoughts with a compare/contrast between the 18' and 22'???
Anything, and I mean anything would be apreciated. (Anybody up for a Donzi group outing at Lake Tahoe??) Greg Riley
glriley@pacbell.net

yachtjim
06-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Another option would be for you to fly out to the East Coast and attend one of the Donzi get togethers. Thunder on the Bay comes up in August. It is held in Maryland. You could ride in any Donzi you liked, and you would have plenty of knowledge around to answer questions.

BUIZILLA
06-07-2003, 07:55 PM
check out traderonline for the 18 in San Diego..

if there isn't something wrong wiht it, thats a killer deal that needs to be snagged.

J

knee deep
06-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Wow! That 18 is an absolute steal, if it runs I'd be all over it if I were you.

Dr. Dan
06-08-2003, 08:47 AM
wink I agree with Jim........if you have the time to enjoy the research.....by all means attend an event...you will gain very reliable insight, and have a great time doing it!......... :cool: ...Doc

Barry Phillips
06-09-2003, 08:40 AM
RagTopMan where do you boat, the 18s are agile and well jump on plane faster than you can say holly****. They seem faster than they really fast, yet can be made to go really fast , you sit on top of them not in them , easy to tailer and stor, great boat. If boat on really choppy body of water a 22 might suite your needs better. I have driven both and I love both models for different reason. I still compare the 18 to a Cobra small, agile. fast, fun., and the 22 to a Ferrari Daytona droptop long leged, sexy, fast.

SO-SLO

Stan
06-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Greg,

You know that Donzi's on the west coast are rare.........keep in mind the cost for shipping and such and you usually go over the budget !!! That said....

I live in Los Angeles and have a 1989 22 Classic Red/White....to keep you interested:
454 mag w/ Bravo 1, trim tabs, halon,pop up cleats, swivel seats, tow & cockpit cover, silient choice, alum trailer, ......every thing you could want.....I got. This is truly a turnkey boat. Price ????????

I am not sure I even want to sell the boat but keep me in mind as your looking. If I sold the boat I would just go out and buy another Donzi ( this is my 3rd )

If you are coming to the so cal area some weekend, give me a call and come out for a ride............

Stan.......818-406-1802

rag top man
06-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Well Buizilla, I talked to the guy in San Diego, I think the boat is gone now to a guy in Lake Tahoe, but I got scared. the boat had been hit, right rear, repaired but the bumper railing is still deformed, the "D" of the Donzi lettering is gone, the engine lid is gone, side wind shield is gone, the gelcoat is dull on the horizontal serfaces, he had the boat for a while and has not had it in the water yet. NOT IN THE WATER YET?? and had no time to put it in the water before the sale?? And he wanted me to explain what stringer is. The boat "sat in the rain all winter, but its all cleaned up ??" "and you can detail the engine, too?"
I got no time for a project, if I had the skills maybe. If anybody wants it the number is 760-224-6478.
Barry, I guess Im the Ferrari, long leg type, gotta have a 22'.
Stan, I got your message, I'll be calling this week, email me with the best time, ok??
glriley@pacbell.net
thanks for all the input guys, this is a tight group, I'm glad to be here.

BUIZILLA
06-10-2003, 06:59 AM
eek! eek!

Stan
06-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Greg,

Call me anytime. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Stan....818-406-1802