PDA

View Full Version : Thur-Hull Exhaust Z-21 Mufflers

DTM
08-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Finally took the "plunge" and bought Coalman's '87 Z-21. He was the original owner and it is in GREAT shape. All original (except normal replacements).

The only modification that I need to do is quite down the exhaust "a little" to meet local ordinances (and my wife's). It is a small block Merc with straight through exhaust. I was thinking about “Captain’s Call” but do not want the hassle (right now) of pulling engine to install “Y” pipe.

Has anyone used the “Slip” in silencers? Or the in-line mufflers (Corsa)? I am not looking for top speed, so a little (the least as possible) lost at top end would be “okay”.

The quieter the better as I am just getting my wife into high performance boating. Any input will be appreciated.

wintersux
08-25-2003, 09:07 AM
I have an 88 z22 7.4/Bravo1 with the side exhaust. So loud you could not hear anything but the exhaust. Got noticed real quick by the water cops. I put in the in line 4" stainless mufflers from rex marine or cp performance. They made the noise more civilized and "legal". I lost no performance and it runs great. The cost was minimal compared to the switchable unit. It is now possible to hear the stereo when running.

HoleShot
08-26-2003, 08:21 PM
DTM:
Finally took the "plunge" and bought Coalman's '87 Z-21. He was the original owner and it is in GREAT shape. All original (except normal replacements).

The only modification that I need to do is quite down the exhaust "a little" to meet local ordinances (and my wife's). It is a small block Merc with straight through exhaust. I was thinking about “Captain’s Call” but do not want the hassle (right now) of pulling engine to install “Y” pipe.

Has anyone used the “Slip” in silencers? Or the in-line mufflers (Corsa)? I am not looking for top speed, so a little (the least as possible) lost at top end would be “okay”.

The quieter the better as I am just getting my wife into high performance boating. Any input will be appreciated.

HoleShot
08-26-2003, 08:22 PM
DTM: