PDA

View Full Version : ALPHA CAPACITY- REDLINE ?

tmdog
08-24-2003, 05:17 AM
The 88 Alpha is overdue for a oil change.How much oil does it hold? Heard about Redline oil for the OD which comes in 3 different weights. Superlight, lightweight and heavy, which do I use? Has anyone had any good or bad issues with this oil? Is it cost effective? Thanks JIM

Walt. H.
08-25-2003, 02:28 AM
Hi TMDOG,
I won't recommend what brand oil to use, another big "opinion thing" But buy two qts and you will use about 1 & 1/3rd qts total.Put the Stern drive straight up & down. Remove both drain and "Vent screws", Drain out old oil and let it empty. Did you purchase a pump kit that screws into the qt container? Fill from the bottom plug/screw hole until the oil appears at the "Top Vent screw" threaded hole. Now replace the top screw and then remove the bottom fill hose/tube quickly and replace the bottom plug screw just as fast. Tighten everything and your done for the next 100 hours of use or next season, which ever comes first.

tmdog
08-25-2003, 03:18 PM
THANKS WALT H FOR THE COMEBACK AND ADVICE. STILL NO OPINION ON THE REDLINE LUBE FOR THE OD.I GUESS NO ONE ON THIS SITE HAS USE THIS PRODUCT.