PDA

View Full Version : Regazza good dock beater?

MattM
08-23-2003, 11:08 PM
I need a bigger beater to leave tied to the dock for pulling the kids around, letting them run into stuff, growing slime, etc.

I know a regazza is just another boat, but that's what I need, and at least it says Donzi on it.

The only difference is the Cobra outdrive. Does anybody know this boat or outdrive. Is the 4.3 v6 enough to pull skiers? I have friends that have other boats of similar configuration and they work fine. What about the Cobra outdrive? Is it ok w/ this low power, does it do fine sitting in the water all summer? Anything wrong with these boats?

Thanks, Matt

Trueser
08-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Matt,
I have a 19 Ft searay that we use for skiing and wakeboarding. with the 4.3 and cobra. I can get her up to 50 with no one in the boat. And we can run along time on a tank of gas. The drive is real easy to maintain also.

Trueser

Last Tango
08-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Don't forget about the Z22 with the small V8.

oldLenny
08-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Matt, a while back I had "another" boat with a 4.3 HO in it and it was good for about 53GPS and would tow anything. No problem on power and a 21" prop I believe. (High Five)

Do you still have the Alpha SS and the 18 in pieces there?

MattM
08-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Lenny,

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I do.

I've been building cars and my house in my spare time. '67 riv, '57 nomad almost done.

It's still in the que.

Pegasus
08-25-2003, 05:16 AM
I have the GT230 and my kids do just fine with it as well as friends. Have had no trouble with drive or engine (5.8 omc with cobra drive) Great ride and decent speed and it does say Donzi on the side!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/steph5.jpg

BUIZILLA
08-25-2003, 07:23 AM
Steph, it's GOOD to see all the kids in lifejackets. You absolutely, rarely, see that down here.

J

florida gator
08-25-2003, 08:32 PM
I have the GT 210. Seems the same as the Regazza. I am running 5.7 with King Cobraand it pulls my daughter on the tube just fine. I'm sure it would do great with a skier as well.

I am thinking about selling if anyone is interested :( .

Pegasus
08-26-2003, 04:11 AM
J We don't go ANYWHERE without them in jackets. As far as the boat, I have pulled two tubers at one time. She can handle almost anything you put her to! When I was doing some of the interior work there were markings saying Ragazza. The GT series actually was the Ragazza.

mikev
08-26-2003, 11:04 AM
i have an 88 19ft regazza with the 4.3 pulls skiers fine it is a little tough pulling them out with several adults onboard but with just a cople of us it is fine. as far as tubing kneeboarding and wakeboarding it is great. runs about 50 with just me and a full tank of fuel. I love the boat though it rides great untill it gets real rough out there "3ft + chop"