PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic info

AquaLoony
08-22-2003, 11:38 PM
HEy everyone!!
hopep youa re all gonan be doing some boating this weekend!!! I was jsut wondering if anyone knows much abotu the 22 classic. I know there are lot of you who own a 22, i just wanted to know if there are any known problems or so on that i should look for if i want to buy one. Also is there much of a difference in how they have been made over the years? as in say between an 88 model and a 95 model, were different typoes of glass and so on used, or has construction been relatively standard across all the years!!! Also what wood do Donzi use for all their stringers in the 22? and are there many cases of rot occurring in the late 80s models!!! any help with this would be muchly appreciated!!! thanks again!!!
Pete

AquaLoony
08-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Btw, sorry about all the spelling errors!!! i only just realised when i reread my post

MOP
08-23-2003, 06:59 AM
The Classic 22 is a boat and after all they all have their ups and downs. The biggest thing problem is I don't have one!

BUIZILLA
08-23-2003, 07:09 AM
MadPoodle:
Real men reach for the fuel fill eek! eek! ahhh, REAL mean watch the ladies reach for the fuel fill wink

J

AquaLoony
08-23-2003, 07:10 AM
thanks for your help guys!!!! how does the boat handle? i would love to drive one, but there isn't a single one over here i don't think!! does the radiused keel have much effect on turning ability and so on, as over here all the ski/performance boats of the same sort of size and style all use a planing pad on the keel to improve speed and performance

AquaLoony
08-23-2003, 07:12 AM
hehe good call, my mum started refusing o go out on the boat with me and my dad a few years ago for that same reason:P she got sick of havign the job of holding the boat in knee deep water at the ramp (no dock!) so i don't think she has been out on it in abotu 5 years now!!

Walt. H.
08-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Mop, thats my problem with the classic-22 also. :( But now I have this visual image in my brain of females yanking anchors and spinning fuel fills :) :D :) Its a good day to smile with that thought in mind. Ouch! I just walked into the wall,$&##@%!

Have a great day everyone! :)

harbormaster
08-23-2003, 07:24 PM
First 3 persons to email me photos of women in thongs pulling up an anchor get a free Donzi Racing Team sticker sent to them. These will be posted in the Donzi Girls Section.

Walt. H.
08-24-2003, 01:18 AM
H.M.Scot,
The best I could find was my neighbor pulling up weeds, and if I photograph her I would need a 24-m.m. lens and stand back about a 1/4 mile. OK 1/3 of a mile? eek! eek! But then you guys wouldn't be able to stomach any solid food for at least a week maybe two and me forced to drink lite beer& prune juice for punishment. mix! :rolleyes: Rumor has it that when she was younger she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. :p

Walt...

Still hopeful to one day tour the
"Donzi Girls" section :cool:

Dr. Dan
08-24-2003, 11:39 AM
:D Walt....You get access to the Donzi Girl Section when you "Own a Donzi"....go buy one ...and send in photos and then....you too will be whole again.....imagine playin in Reindeer Games and actually being a Reindeer? Who woulda Thunk It?.....Stranger Things... wink

Doc of Dimentia

FASTEDDIE
08-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Doctor,

If your coming to the picnic do you want Walt to bring his photo album again? You mentioned that you needed to look at the photos again in more detail. :p :p

Air 22
08-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Aqualoony...

We love our 1995 22 Classic and yes you can get more "air" than you want if not carefull! eek!
As Poodle Said some of us have driving issues....hmmmm and sometimes going fast over a big wave will leave you with 3-5 sec of silence eek! :D The 22 is a boat you must "DRIVE" not just point and shoot. Trim tabs and using your drive trim make this boat well suited to many seas. It just takes practice(The fun part) and she'll run great in most conditions your willing to tackle :D Enjoy and post some pic of your toy!! wink

AquaLoony
08-24-2003, 09:18 PM
thanks air!!!! That is the kind of boat i'm after, somethign that actually requires abit of skill and effort to drive!!!!! And the seas here can get mighty exciting (offshore racing near me is unbelievable, it is more an air show!) Thanks for all your help!!!! i'd love ot see osme pics of your 22 sometime!!! so far i think 95 is looking to be my prefered model year! take care

Walt. H.
08-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Ouch! Doc, :(
The truth hurts a little. Now your making me feel bad. :D
I'm 51, I can only handle a few projects at a time now. wink I'll get there sooner or later, of course by then I probably wouldn't want to have a look.
"I only go to Hooters for the "Buffalo Wings" :rolleyes: :D

Donzi: money just went for my wife's new 03' Ford Expedition last week! :mad: and i'm changing frt.axle U-joints on my 01 Dodge Ram 4x4 with 48,240 mile on it tomorrow or I should say today now. "click, click on turns" :mad: Boy' do I miss lock out hubs & hate full time ones! This is another day off I won't be working on the boat.= $h!t!!

When the Carlson is completed, i'll get that Big Water Boat! {B.W.B.} :)

Your Friend in Boating,
Walt

Dr. Dan
08-25-2003, 06:23 PM
:D Walt...Just Playin with ya....I used to ski behind alot of Carlson Designs when I was a "Ute"(My Cousin Vinny Pronounciation)....they are fun Lake Boats to be sure....
AquaLoonBoy....'95's are for Fly Guys...Real Men Drive Donzis with discontinued parts...and defunct company ownership...just to make life more challenging... :p If you want to see more Pics of Air 22's and Others in action...check out our web site at www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com (http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com) we have a Gallery full of shots....Good Luck

Doc
Atlantic Coast Droid

AquaLoony
08-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Cheers!!! i'm gonan go check it out soon!!!! btw how do you find the dodge ram??? there are a few over here, easily my fav pickup!!!!