PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Hull Cleaner

Ralph Savarese
08-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Somebody I don't remember were said to me to remove stuborn rust stains and brown tide stains use cheep toilet bowl cleaner . I tried it on my cheep or should I say well priced Bayliner and low and behold it cleaned that hull up unbeleveable! Just use a car wash sponge and wipe on. Use rubber gloves let stand for about a minute and rinse off beleve me you will see where you missed spots.
Ralph

McGary911
08-22-2003, 01:05 PM
I remember seeing that too. It had a kooky name and was available at Wal-Mart (what isnt?).....

Sno-Bol sounds familiar, but I'm really not sure. I'll edit this post if I have a moment of revealation......

MOP
08-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Don't forget the McGuires wheel cleaner you don't have to worry about burning your skin!

Jake
08-22-2003, 03:53 PM
MOP

I don't know about the hands thing. I used it over the weekend without gloves and my hands peeled for the next several days. That stuff is nasty, but works well. You do also have to be very careful on a galvanized trailer, I got a few spots. But, bottom line, it does work.

Jake

MOP
08-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Ge are we talking about the smae stuff, I use a sponge and get soaked with the McGuires with no problems, also have not seen any stains on the trailer. The guys that have met me know my skin on my hands is real thin from age it sure does fine by me.

SS18
08-22-2003, 05:47 PM
ON OFF bottom cleaner will also do it just keep on hoseing that trailer.

Ralph Savarese
08-22-2003, 07:16 PM
I used Ace hardware brand toilet bowl cleaner $1.00 per bottle worked just as well as on off hull cleaner at a fraction of the price!

MOP
08-22-2003, 07:55 PM
On Off will blacken S/S and chrome stuff besides mucking up the trailer. We need Fast Eddie to invent a hull cleaner, he is very knowledgeable in biodegradable products that will remove darn near anything. Won't hurt you or the environment.

Ralph Savarese
08-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Toilet cleaner must be ok for the environment you let it go in your septic system . I got it on the stainless and the trailer that i didnt care about . no dammage I could see!

SS18
08-23-2003, 08:20 PM
On Off diluted with 1/4 water works awesome. And as for expensive you should not have to use often if you trailer. and as for the stainless and chrome I only do the bottom not the gunnels and up? and we spend more on a 2 litre bottle of liqour than a gallon of on off and my boat is way more important than my liver! :D :D

DonCig
08-25-2003, 07:24 AM
I tried the Sno-Bol toilet cleaner yesterday, it cleans well but it left a blue tint to my white gel-coat. I will never use it again. Possibly a cheap toilet cleaner that is clear and not tinted blue might be the answer. I used to own a car detailing center and have owned a few show cars over the years. I still have not found a better product than "Pro Honda Hondagloss" Hi-Tech Liquid Polish & Sealant sold at your local Honda motorcycle dealer. It is unbelieveable how it cleans off strains from the transom, hull, etc. It is safe for plastic and has U.V. inhibitors.
Give it a try on a difficult hull stain and I think you will be impressed.

RickR
08-25-2003, 07:35 AM
I use Star Bright Hull Cleaner. It is stronger than Sno Bol on the tannins my 22 is exposed to.

USE gloves (not latex) and a long sleve shirt to prevent burns. And try not to get any on the trailer.

Using a sponge I get around 4 cleaings out of a $10 bottle

BillR
08-26-2003, 03:13 PM
The best I've ever used is called Ring-o. There is a guy on Fastboats and OSO that sells it.
Everyone onver at those sites raves about it.

I just searched for the info and found it. Here it is:

I use and now sell a the best and easiest hull cleaner that I have found in over 30 years of boating. I am not posting this to start a debate on what cleaner is best but, to offer this to fellow boaters who are looking for the absolute easiest way to get their boat clean and stored for winter. I have sold it to many boaters who agree and guaranty that you will to.

It is easier to use than On/Off or the other acid cleaners that are corrosive and too dificult to use without gloves and eye protection etc. Literally wipe on the product and wait 3-5 minutes and spray off with regular water. It will take off rust stains, scum lines, yellowing and many other fiberglass stains. The beautiful thing is that it won't allow the clean area to yellow again like On/Off does and it does not strip the wax off. It can also be used in the bilge where acids will cause problems when they come in contact with the metal.

A large bottle of the cleaner runs $24.95 plus S&H ($3-$6 avg). It will last at least 3-4 full hull cleanings with touch-ups as necessary. I have been using my bottle for 3 years and there is still enough left for another cleaning. I will refund the purchase price if you do not find that it does what I say.

Email me your zip code and any questions and I will tell you the estimated total price so you to can have the best cleaner out there.

Vyper340@cox.net

FYI - this is not my day job and I travel frequently for business so please understand that I will answer as soon as possible.

Thanks

Greg K
08-26-2003, 05:09 PM
If i remember right, Ring-go for whirlpools is the product they are using. There is another for toilet cleaning which is not the right one if you search.
Here is the correct Ring-Go (http://www.spapartners.com/cleaning_products.htm)
Scroll down the page to find it.

BillR
08-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Greg K:
If i remember right, Ring-go for whirlpools is the product they are using. There is another for toilet cleaning which is not the right one if you search.
Here is the correct Ring-Go (http://www.spapartners.com/cleaning_products.htm)
Scroll down the page to find it. Greg, that is not the Ring-o I was refering to. Nor is the toilet cleaner. I don't have a picture of the bottle, but it is a deep red gel. The stuff is the best. People on the 2 other boating sites love it, and appear to be buying it up like crazy. It took off some stain on my exhaust tips that NOTHING would touch. They look like new.

Greg K
08-28-2003, 07:56 AM
For some reason I thought I had read that on the other site, I stand corrected if it's not the same chemical.