PDA

View Full Version : Trailering a Donzi

Budman
08-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Is it necessary to take some of the pressure off the lower unit after triming it all the way up, when trailering a Donzi Classic 16? It seems to stress the hydraulics without having one of those bars to relieve the pressure. I always had outboards which had a rest to relieve the stress.

MOP
08-20-2003, 10:25 PM
You can make or buy a trailer bar to support the lower or you can cut PVC tubing in 1/2 to fit the rams then ease the pressure off and wrap a bungee around to hold them in place.

Budman
08-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the reply & information.

Dr. Dan
08-20-2003, 10:34 PM
:D West Marine has standard Drive Hydrallic Supports expressly designed for Trailering...mine are Red, I've seen Blue also...you can cut them to fit...then Trim the Drive down to them until they are tight, they are half sleeved units that are designed to cover over your Hydrallic Arms, on both sides....Good Luck...they are under $20 or so I think...we use them all of the time, and Tow Alot!!!!!! eek! No Problems in over 45,000 mile in 3 Seasons...so you be the judge!... :cool:

Walt. H.
08-20-2003, 11:21 PM
Like M.O.P. said,
I picked up length of pvc tubing for a few bucks,(I thought I was the only slick one Phil) cut them in half length wise on the table saw and have enough tubing left over for quite a few more sets. Better then buying one set for twenty $$. Now if I could only remember to remove them in the garage before lowering the drive for storage each time I park her after a day of boating. Scares the crap out of me when they snap and go flying. eek! eek! Not a problem this year though. Notes on the tilt switch didn't help when your leaning over the side to reach in, A cover worksif you remember to put it on the switch. :)

MOP
08-20-2003, 11:51 PM
I spit one about 30 feet damn near started a fight the guy thought I threw it. The home made ones cost about $1 a pop and Krylons out door furniture paint sticks real good! Chartreuse anyone :D

Budman
08-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks again for all the suggestions.