PDA

View Full Version : Outdrives

AquaLoony
08-20-2003, 08:08 PM
I was just wondering what is the ultimate outdrive to be looking for on the back of Donzi 22? I notive some (pre about 88?) are running alphas, then there are those running bravos, some with IMCO lowers, and then of course the blackhawk. From articles i have read about the handling of the 22, most say it has a tendancy to get a bit hariy inturns due to the rotation of the prop, does the twin prop blackhawk help reduce this? also here in Oz most of the high performance boaters run speedmaster 3 drives on their 21 footers and it seems to give pretty ace performance, would this drive be suitable for a 22, or has it been done?

Forrest
08-22-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm sure that a #3 would be great on a 22 and I would handle more HP than the other drives that you menetioned. Also, the #3 requires a transmission which means a little more weight and moving the engine (and weight) forward a bit.

AquaLoony
08-22-2003, 08:19 PM
thanks for your help mate!!! i never thought about the #3 to much!!!!

AVickers
08-24-2003, 10:44 PM
I'm getting ready to install a Volvo DPX on my 22C. Changing out an Alpha, but keeping the BB Chevy.

There's a guy in the Midwest Donzi Club who has a DPX (they were installed as an option in 2000, that I know of...), but I haven't been able to hook up w/ him.

So I guess I'll be my own Guinea Pig.