PDA

View Full Version : Buzzed on Lanier... [Grizzed?]

CnV & Family
08-18-2003, 06:53 AM
Well... It was a nice saturday on the north end of Lanier. On the way back to drop off the niece and nephew and pick up son and friend to wrap up a great day of tubing and cruising, we had the privelidge of being 'buzzed' by none other than Big Griz and that "Damn Donzi". That is one SWEET Criterion! I was slowing and paying attention to the mass of non-moving boats at the bridge we were approaching when in unison I hear... "There's a Donzi! ...and they're waving!" :cool: So I threw up my hand with a huge grin as the rumble of the exaust took over. I've been pumped ever since... sure wish the boys would have been with us then. They'd have went nuts! :D :D

-C

CrackerJack
08-18-2003, 07:12 AM
Here's the next best thing to being there.
http://www.donzi.net/video/keefe78.mpg

You have been..... Grizzed. biggrin.

BigGrizzly
08-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Your boat looks just like our 16 nice boat. If I had known it was you I would have stopped. I was taking Skip for a ride up river. We almost stopped on the way back but it looked like rain so we kept going. Next time lets make it a point to stop and admire each others boats and do the Donzi talk thing and swap rides with each other!

mikev
08-19-2003, 04:39 PM
we should try and get another lanier get together going soon. I missed the one at tomahawks on mothers day.

BigGrizzly
08-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Yes we should there are well over 15 small (16-18s)Donzis on the lake and several 22's both classics and Z boats. with a 40 mile long lake there has to be a common ground to meet at. Problem is I'm out till after Eufala V- I won't miss this for any reason.you other lakies should come down even just for a day, its only a couple hours from Roswell

CnV & Family
08-20-2003, 08:18 AM
Grizz... Yes, that sounds great! You'll know it's us by the flag. We always run with it up. It'd be great to meet you sometime!

Don't worry about not stopping, we were having to call it a day. We weren't at the dock long and hit a few sprinkles on the way back to trailering. Barely made it home before the storm.

-C

mikev
08-20-2003, 10:36 AM
cant make it the alabama get together got to work that whole weekend. i get a 3day weekend this weekend to make up for it though. i am usualy good for sunday afternoons and every other saturday. crazy schedule but aleast I have a job at the moment so thats a good thing.

olemissalum
08-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Still trying to make it early Saturday am to LAke Eufala!!!

BigGrizzly
08-20-2003, 06:58 PM
I will make a point to stop that neet Donzi with the flag. MV sounds like a plan, I will be at the home ralley on the weekend of the 19 but other than Eufala V the calander is pretty much open. OL miss do try hard to make Eufala. it is great because there is a great boating fun and a parking lot to park in next to each other for the evening BS session. we usually spend the first two hours telling each how good their boat looks,

olemissalum
08-21-2003, 09:29 PM
We are in as of now. Unless something drastic happens. I have to work on Friday :mad: but may be able to get off a little early so that I don't have to drive down early Saturdau morning. How long is the drive from ATL?? I live south of the airport so what, three to four hours?? Also, I hear that lake and river can be dangerous if you do not know where you are going which is why I definetely want to be there for the launch on Saturday morning to follow those that have been there before wink
See ya there

Jim