PDA

View Full Version : Boxy

Dave Strobert
06-19-2000, 09:12 PM
Labor Day sounds good, gotta check tho, as one of the boys may be kayaking in the whitewater rodeo on the ottawa that weekend.May not have the Donzi though as its kinda for sale. Should have something else by then. Going a little bigger. Either a 22 classic or a 27 magnum
that a guy is vacellating(sp) on selling. My wife cant get used to the Donzi smile (bugs). dont know why

------------------
Strobe

boxy
06-20-2000, 07:50 AM
Dave, let me know if you're going to be in the Ottawa area for the Rodeo, we'll try to set up a cruise. Will you be on the River for the Independece Day long weekend ? From what I've heard the Poker Run was a success, lots of big boats, (but no factory support), Bill Tomlinson's turbine Skater put on quite a show. My Dad left his PowerPlay in the boathouse and went over to the 'Bay in his center console, he's heard that the Coast Guard are ticketing boats with no mufflers $250.00, and boats with Silent Choice $50.00, because that is not a muffling system. Can you confirm/deny that ?
Later
Boxy
PS: when you set a price on your boat, let me know.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

Dave Strobert
06-20-2000, 07:01 PM
Boxy, apparently the state and park police are sitting right off the docks pointing a decible meter at you, so that when you start up you ring the bell and get a prize. Seems as tho the owners of our local newspaper, a local lawyer(who is a big deal at the museum) and
the former owners of the pepsi bottling co are the lobbyists for the noise control. since they all have old woodies without exhaust restrictions the ruling exempts those boats prior to 1965. Alex Bay has experienced a loss of business and the town officials are quite concerned. the docks are empty most of the time as a result. We will be quite a ways above Ottawa at Wilderness Tours. As for MY WAY, its just a wild sight.
A friend of mine that owns the Chrysler dealership in Gouverneur ny blew an outdrive in his new 39 Velocity. He is sponsored by Hutchinsons so i guess it was fixed. this was his second run of the season and he has three more to go. it was a little rough on the leg to Brockville which i guess made for a lot of fun. As for my boat, $10,000 with the eagle trailer.

------------------
Strobe

boxy
06-20-2000, 09:39 PM
Dave, you'll have a great time at Wilderness,(big water during the day, and big fun at night) say Hi to Bruce Reiger when you get there, I think he runs the kayak part of the company now.
Can you email me the specs on your boat.
Thanks

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

GeneD
06-21-2000, 07:16 AM
How in the world can Silent Choice NOT be a muffling system when it routes the exhuast through the drive? This system, (through the drive) is factory and is perfectly acceptable in all US states.
Blame Canada!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

boxy
06-21-2000, 08:49 AM
It's my understanding that it's the US Coast Gaurd's, and NY State Police position that SilentChoice is not a permanent device, therefore does not qualify as a muffled system, Gil exhaust tips on SilentChoice pipes is acceptable. Don't blame us for this one big guy, remember, we're the province where it is perfectly legal for women to go topless, and our beer isn't just amber colored water.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

digitalMan
06-21-2000, 09:43 AM
Topless??!!!?? Legally???!!!?? I'll be in A-bay over the 4th. I was debating a quick jaunt to Canada one day. I think that debate is over.

boxy
06-21-2000, 10:28 AM
Just take a cruise into the Lake of the Isles, legal toplessness on one side, http://206.150.187.82/ubb/eek.gif illegal toplessness on the other. http://206.150.187.82/ubb/eek.gif It's all good.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario