06-19-2000, 12:22 PM
The 2000 Lake George Dust Off was the
best ever thanks to the efforts of
FASTEDDIE and a great group of Donzi
lovers. Sue, myself and SO-SLO ran
into a squall crossing the lake but the sun
came out and 33+ Donzis should up
including the the baby blue Baby Donzi
on this site, great boat. Mike Miller stopped by bareing gifts from Donzi Marine. I forget the name of our guest speaker, maybey ED can fill you in later. A late afternoon ride on beautiful Lake George, perfect weather and DONZIs everywere
concluded a perfect day . Ed thanks
again.

P.S. GEOO you were missed.
SO-SLO

Barry Phillips
06-19-2000, 12:24 PM
Sorry about spelling, in a hurry.
SO-SLO

PaulO
06-19-2000, 01:11 PM
Yes, It was a great get-together. I also extend my appeciation to Ed Hodgkinson (Fast Eddie). He puts a lot of work into this event and it shows. The guest speaker was John Crouse who was a an associate of some of the originals in off-shore power boat racing, including Don Aronow. He is also quite a character. Lots of great people and interesting boats. Everyone who can should make this a yearly pilgrimage. I am already making plans for next year.
PaulO

seano
06-19-2000, 01:18 PM
John Crouse is also the auther of the epic bible of offshore racing, Searace. I've never read or seen it, but I've heard it's a must-have for any powerboat/offshore racing enthusiast. John has a website. but the URL escapes me now.

GeneD
06-19-2000, 06:57 PM
You know, I was so witless at the Orlando thing and while there, I met so many 'names' in performance powerboating. I had been looking forward to talking and meeting up with all of them. And when I finally did, I was dumbfounded and awestruck. I should have taken a pill before going! I know that I missed out on some very good conversations.
Anyway, this past weekend, a friend of a friend approaches me about working on his ski boat. I go over and look at the thing, an ooooolllld Pleasure Craft. I decide to help him out, I've known him a few years you know, but never had a meaningful conversation with the guy. He's ALWAYS drunk.
So we get to talking and we go into his house. In his house are all these boat racing pictures, surfing pics, Indy car pics.
On the front of one of the Indy cars I see an "Apache Marine" logo. I laugh and say that this must be Randy Lanier's car. The guy looks me straight in the face and says "Yeah, that's Randy, did you know him?"
I tell him no.
He proceeds to tell me that that particular picture was taken right before he went to jail. He then tells me that yes, he grew up with Randy and Ben.
I say, "Ben, Ben KRAMER? You know Ben Kramer?"
I was flabbergasted.
I'm going to bleed this guy for info and get back to you all.
This is going to prove to be very interesting!
I wish I could have gone to Lake George, I'm so broke now, I'm fixing felon's boats to get Donzi Fuel Money!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Richard
06-19-2000, 08:35 PM
Great weekend, Thanks to Ed and Augusta. Their Donzi meet was terrific, and it just added to the great start we had this spring down in Orlando. Now looking foward to the July 29th Lake Winni. Meet in N.H. with George and Bonnie.
FastEddie puts on an A1 show. Mike Miller and wife were there and John Crouce was a speaker. Thank you Donzi for all the goodies. Lake George Donzi Club is also having a family picnic this fall, which we would love to go to. We did a cruise down Lake George Sunday. We did pretty well trying to keep up with those V8s don't you think???
Anyway what a time. We also went on a Donzi hunt and found that 1968 original owner 19' Hornet. Sunday was a fun day, (rain included.) Thanks again Ed and Augusta we had a great weekend. Cindy Weaver.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 06-19-2000).]

Kenn
06-19-2000, 09:46 PM
FastEddie and the Lady Augusta,
What a great time. Keep up that good work and keep looking for those raffles from E-Bay.
This was a first for Rochelle and for me and it was "exactly" as posted by FastEddie. The short interlude of rain on Saturday only helped us to meet really nice people quicker.
And Sunday was as advertized, a great ride up Lake George to Rogers Rock, lunch overlooking the lake and only a few drops of rain just as we were getting to the dock. I would say that a wonderful time was had by all and we will look forward to any Lake George meet any time FastEddie posts a notice.

BTW, did you all see the quality work they do at the Hacker Craft boat works, awesome!

Also, it seemed that there were more older classic Donzi's driving around the show dock that didn't come in for the meeting. (Like that coral color single seat Hornet.) I think FastEddie has to get out the recruiting hat and get those puppies to join up so we can examine their boats.

I'm now working on getting ready for the Lake Winnipesaukee event. I sent in my application, George. Also, I would like to ask you some questions about the poker run -- I will call you.

Again thanks to FastEddie, Lady Agusta and to all the members of The Lake George Donzi Club for a great time.

Kenn and Rochelle Goldberg

Scott Pearson
06-20-2000, 07:04 AM
Yes, I have to say that Lake George was a great weekend... Rain and all! Even if I didnt get to finish my boat in time it all worked out great. Cathy and I met some really great people. Bill Todd really showed use a good time on sunday. We all went along with Richard and Cindy Weaver and I forget his name but he had a yellow and black 18. All of use looked at the old Hornet. Very neat boat I must say. And boy does the Weaver's Baby Donzi look awsome going through the water! Very, Very nice boat! Once again thanks everyone for a fun time and for Ed on putting on a great show. And Bill Todd for spending time with Cathy and I.

(NJ) Scott

Barry Phillips
06-20-2000, 07:39 AM
The coral colored Hornet was a the
fall picnic last year and the year before
supprised he did not stop in. When
hauling my boat out that evening I
met a guy with a 67 16' V-Drive he
was going for a evening ride with his
wife. He told me he rebuilt the 289
in it and had to replace a stringer. He
was having a new trailer made for it.
I wished him luck. Nice boat.
SO-SLO

PaulO
06-20-2000, 09:31 AM
Scott,
That was me with the yellow and black 18. It was nice to meet you and hope you get that boat in the water ASAP.
PaulO

flametamer
06-20-2000, 06:18 PM
Ed.

We had a great time at the Donzi Spring Dust off at Lake George. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Kevan Donzi Ski Sporter16
06-20-2000, 06:43 PM
Fast Eddie- Thanks for all your hard work! You were a great host for a TERRIFIC event! For those of you that missed it, Ed really knows how to put on a world class event where everyone feels welcome, and a part of a colorful heritage! Ed was able to obtain (coerce?) (bribe) (extort?) some great gifts from Donzi, the local boating and eating establishments, and oh yes, even Richard Petty! What a great time! Thanks again, and we will see you at the Fall Picnic!
--Kevan, Debbie, and Mustang Sally!

[This message has been edited by Kevan Donzi Ski Sporter16 (edited 06-20-2000).]

Scott Pearson
06-21-2000, 07:18 AM
Paul,
It was great meeting you! Good luck with doing your engine in you boat, let me know how you make out.

Painting the boat this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

(NJ) Scott

bverd
06-21-2000, 11:26 PM
Had a great time up at Lake George. Already making plans for next year. Saw some spectacular boats and now I need a bigger and faster one... Perhaps a 22...

Ed, thanks for planning and hosting a great event. Thanks to everyone being so friendly. It was my first time to any Donzi event and it won't be my last. I had a great time and met the best people.

George, Bonnie, Joe, Mike, Angie, Ed, the Weavers, everyone... Thanks for spending time with Michele and I, we had a great time.

I have put some photos that I took up on the web... http://www.verd.com/donzi Fell free to take a look if want.

I hope I can make up to NH in July.

Thanks again,
Brad

Sorry guys,
I fixed one of the links for the photos that I had fat fingered. It was late when I put it together.

[This message has been edited by bverd (edited 06-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by bverd (edited 06-22-2000).]

GEOO
06-22-2000, 05:39 AM
Bverd, Great shot's of the Weaver's 14'. I'm sorry I missed all of you at the event. I look foward to The Lake George Event every year. Ed is a magnificent host. GEOO

GeneD
06-22-2000, 07:11 AM
Ha!
Those photos are GREAT!!!!!!
Wish I could have been there.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Bill Todd
06-22-2000, 09:58 PM
We owe ED a big thanks. The quality of program and the prizes give some indication of the time and effort he put into the event. It was a fun weekend. Thanks Again, Bill

Hornetman
06-23-2000, 06:31 AM
Yeah man!! Looks like a great time, next year the CT. boys will be there. I'll have the Hornet with me. Psyched!!!!

------------------
Steve A. (Hornetman)

Barry Phillips
06-23-2000, 07:15 AM
Hornetman: You don't have to wait to
next year. We have picnic the week after
labor day to rap up the summer. I sure
ED will fill everyone in on the details.
This is where I first met GEOO, I docked
along side Mighty Mouse and recongized
his runnin X boat from speed vision. I
hope he and Heather and the dog make it up. GEOO what is that dog's name?
Hope to see ya SO-SLO

harbormaster
06-23-2000, 07:42 PM
I am updating the Lake George Donzi Club site. I would like to get all the photos that I can of the Lake George Dustoff. email or mail them to me!

Scot

flametamer
06-24-2000, 07:01 PM
Brad,

Great photos of "Spring Dust Off" Lake George. Is there a chance I could purchase a copy of your photos. I was running late Saturday morning and left the camera home. Im the owner of the "teal 22 footer"

thanks Jeff
JHarran@aol.com

PaulO
06-26-2000, 08:30 AM
Jeff,
You are the cause of my wifes desire for a 22 (Thanks). She likes the speed but, she really liked the color scheme on your boat. Never seen another one. Very nice.
PaulO

donzi86
06-26-2000, 11:42 AM
As always, Ed did a great Job. I live in LG and am fortunate enough to be able to boat here all the time. It was great to see people from all over at this years Spring Dust Off. Tell some friends. We would love to see as many boats from off Lake George as on. Also, if you can not make it for any of our "scheduled" events, come any time. I am sure Ed, myself or any other local Donzi owner would happy to show you around. You can see a lot at 70 mph in a short matter of time. Thanks again to Ed and everyone who made it for making this years Spring Dust Off the biggest......until next year that is.

See you out there, Shawn

flametamer
06-26-2000, 06:06 PM
Paulo,

Did you find a 22 yet? I drove a 16'classic for a few years then went to a Z-25. This was a big disappointment. Found the teal 22, and I can not explain what a wild ride it provides!!! By far the best handling boat I have ever been in. I could on and on and on....... Dont stop looking until you find one!!! Jeff. email me if you need more pep talk, Jeff JHarran@aol.com

FASTEDDIE
06-27-2000, 10:40 PM
Both Lady Augusta and I would like to thank all of you for making the Lake George Donzi Classic Club 2000 "Spring Dustoff" the
most successful meet ever. 34 Donzi Classics showed up and shattered the record set in 1999. Thanks to the Weavers for bringing the "Baby" Donzi all the way from Maine and for Brad and Michelle for trailering all the way from Virginia.
Dale and Donna McPherson should be remembered in our prayers as Dale lost his Dad a few days after the show. Thanks also to John Crouse,author of "searace- the history of offshore Racing" for flying 3000 miles to speak at our meeting, John we all love you. Also to Mike and Angie Miller for coming to our meet and giving the Donzi personal touch,it was great having you both there. No Donzi meeting is complete without one of the Miller boys in attendance. Thanks to all the participants for there spirit and their love for the Donzi mystique, and this meet was video taped by an NBC affiliate and will be available to purchase on our website within a month. The Indianapolis start of 34 Donzi's answering the call "Ladies and Gentlemen,please start your engines" and the roar of 12,000 horsepower hopefully was captured on tape and that rumble can keep you warm through the winter months. Tape will be available for $35.00 and you can see the drivers interviewed, see all the Classics and listen to our guest speaker's speech and relive the meet. We are already planning next year and it will be the best ever. Please send any photos of the meet to Harbormaster so we can put them on our website, @ www.lgdonziclassic.com (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com) Thanks again to all those who participated.
Yours through the hull,

Ed (FASTEDDIE) Hodgkinson &
Lady Augusta

MikeMiller
07-06-2000, 11:35 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just wnat to drop a line and thank the Lake George Classic Club for a wonderful time!! My wife, Angie, and I were looking forward to this weekend for a long time and were not let down. Much thanks to George H. for his time and efforts - it is obvious that you spend have a passion for this club and for Donzi!

It is people like you and the Club members that keep Donzi alive!

I look forward to next year and am hopeful that the word continues to spread!

Regards - Mike Miller

MikeMiller
07-06-2000, 12:29 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

My last posting might seem a bit interesting, considering the misspellings and poor syntax. Like many of you, I also have no idea who George H. is! I'm sure he is someone from my distant memory that happened to pop into my head when I really meant to thank Ed Hodgkinson, FASTEDIIE, for all of his time and efforts. And to also say that his passion for Donzi is evident in every one of his Classic Club events.

Now that that is said, I will let all of you know that I had back surgery last week and chalk that last e-mail up to the wonderful drugs I am enjoying (prescribed of course).

Thanks to the anonymous tip on my botched attempt to say some much deserved niceties for Ed and the Lake George Classic Club

(Now I have to go through every e-mail I've sent today and edit them all)

Until next time....

Mike Miller
Donzi Marine

Forrest
07-06-2000, 03:09 PM
Mike, I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you and everyone else in L.A. (Lower Alabama) for the Second Annual Lake Eufaula LA Donzi Roundup (http://206.150.187.82/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000348.html) at Lakepoint Resort State Park over the upcoming Labor Day weekend.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 07-06-2000).]