PDA

View Full Version : advice regarding 28 donzi sportsman

donzi dreamer
06-18-2000, 06:31 PM
I am hoping to find any info. regarding a 1968 28 donzi sportsman. any problem areas hull,stringers decks etc. I have found one in poor condition no motors had twin 440 chryslers mated to v/drives inboards. I do not know much about this hull,does it compare to say the ride of a 28 or 31 bertram. I plan on using the boat for sportfishing. How come there are not any listed in the registry? Any comments/thoughts
would be greatly appreciated. any current/past owners want to talk? I am new to the donzi registry. I really like the looks of the big donzi and hope to purchase/restore one in the near future.

------------------

GEOO
06-19-2000, 07:07 AM
Donzi Dreamer,
A 1968 Donzi 28 would be a real classic. I would check for rot with a boat so old,(stringer, any decking (floor)which has a wood core, transom ect. ). A boat of these age and size would take alot of time and money to redo.
I grew up with a 28 Bertram a great riding strong boat. Being a newer boat it would be much easer to rebuild if needed. The Bertram's transom is much lower to the water, better for fishing. GEOO

falcon
06-19-2000, 10:29 AM
currently i own 31 bertram- i have always considered a resto of a 28-i have spoken to many people about them and will share any knowledge i have-email me direct craigfalcon@aol.com - concerning construction-i have noted that the deck seems to be weak point as most go soft-probably the plywood core breaks down-i know of one in miami that was totally done over with tower was on market for $75K