PDA

View Full Version : Cure For Gas Prices

GeneD
06-14-2000, 07:08 AM
Yeah, the current corporate BS is in full swing with the oil companies. It was only a matter of time. I truely believe that they (the world's governments and various oil compaines) are trying to raise the price of gasoline in the United States to the current levels now being realized in Europe.
NOw let's face it, in Europe, you don't need a car. Public transportation over there is far superior to anything we have in America as a whole. Many parts of America require a motor vehicle to get around. This doesn't make the current price gouging any less anoying that is for sure.
What to do?
For now, we have to bite the bullet and pay whatever these thieves offer the valuable transportation fluid for.
The cure, or should I say the temporary solution is to do one side job a week to help pay for our recreational fuel and beer.
Just think, one job, say changing out the oil in someone's car/boat for $20. How about a tune up? There are many things we can do. How about holding a garage sale with the proceeds going to the boat?
When times are tough, the tough get going. This is the way we treat things in my humble abode.
Come time for the weekend cruise, we all count our pennies to pay for fuel. Nothing will stop us, certainly not the extortionist prices these bastards are imposing on the American public.
Hang tough guys, relief is on the way.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

RickR,GroveCity
06-14-2000, 08:26 AM
My solution was to buy
Vanguard Specialized Energy Mutual Fund
last year. http://206.150.187.82/ubb/tongue.gif

Even a blind hog will find an acorn once in a while.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>
Sorry Gene I know you are in between jobs.

[This message has been edited by RickR,GroveCity (edited 06-14-2000).]

GeneD
06-15-2000, 07:02 AM
Yeah, I can't afford to even give the bums on the side of I-95 some Mad Dog money! I haven't bought a 12 pack in weeks!
I even scammed my mother to buy my ticket to California. She says I have to pay her back, yeah...right!
But by the time I have to go to Deerfield Beach for the SBI race, I will have finished the Mako I'm working on and have enough money left over to have a hell of a time. But don't tell Donzi Girl, she'll have a fit.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida